What's new

What coaster types make you go "not again..."?

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
What coaster types are you just so 'over'? Do you find no excitement from them anymore? Are they painful? Or have you just done far too many of them?

For me I've only done four different ones but the standard Zyklons, with no loop, are already starting to wear me down a bit. Even pre-enthusiast me was left underwhelmed by Stella's Revenge back in 2018 and the SBFs aren't doing any favours with reigniting a possible spark. Hopefully Pinfari or S.D.C. can pull off a good Zyklon.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Agree with Howie on Volares and Zacspins. Junior Boomerangs make me feel a bit ill when they go backwards. I have no idea why, because I'm fine with regular Boomerangs and any other coaster I have done that goes backwards.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
Everything for the credit.
When I already have that credit, mostly the Vekoma SLC and standard boomerangs end up in my "not again...." category,
But when it can be a new credit for me, I will give it atleast one try.
Big Apples and other kiddie coasters depand on the situation.

redheadedRobin

Mega Poster
I'll ride everything for the credit, but of course there are the typical coasters that I won't reride once I've done them. At the moment these are SLCs, since I haven't tried Volares and other infamous models. This being said, I'm gonna confess something. Please don't crucify me before reading everything...

Hypers.

I know.

They're great coasters, I'm not saying otherwise. They're smooth, packed with tons of airtime, and they're elite coasters when they have a good layout and good forces. You might be thinking: why the f*** would someone who calls themselves an enthusiast "be over" hypers?!?! I know, I know. The thing is: I still haven't got many credits, but I've already realized lap bars + height + airtime is a huge no-no for my brain, and it gives me a ****ton of anxiety. This does not happen with other non-inverting coasters that also have airtime but are short in height, like Taron, and doesn't happen in tall coasters with otsr because I can staple the **** out of my whole torso when riding them. So yeah, I'll ride hypers for the credit, try to enjoy them despite of the anxiety, then spend some time taking care ofmy mental health and just chill in low intensity rides and attractions until I'm good to go for another intense ride, and a few hours later I think about the ride experience and see how it ranks in my list so the anxiety doesn't affect the ranking. It's not ideal, but it's the best way to handle my anxiety without missing out on great rides.

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ll happily ride any non-kiddie coaster I’ve never done for the credit, and to be honest, I’d probably reride anything at least once every few visits, but to vary it up from the commonly cited SLC, one ride type I am slightly “over” is Reverchon spinning wild mice.

This one might be controversial, as I know these have their fans, but I’m not overly into strong laterals or intense spinning, and they are always pretty uncomfortable for me; I don’t enjoy them much at all. I’ve also done a fair few of them now; my current count is 7, so I’m already well accustomed to what they’re like. Until I went to Europa in April and gained 12 new credits, they made up nearly 10% of my count…

SimonProD

Mega Poster
SLCs okay, Pinfari Looper also a good pick.

But the worst is the Interpark Wild Wind. I rode this while it was at the Hamburger DOM and had to abort the day as I had real backpain after the ride and it continued for two more days. Never had this even with a SLC or Pinfari.

Also a few years ago when I was at Oktoberfest they had this crap nearly opposite Olympia Looping and there were poeple going on it!