What's new

Could steel coasters get the RMC (-ish) treatment?

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Looking at Pleasure Beach's Big One's girder support structure, I wonder if a retrack (of a larger scale than just replacing the old rails) could be performed there.

Obviously, most steel coasters do not have the flexible support structure for RMC to play around and add airtime galore/stalls/weird inversion names everywhere. Yet, is there untapped potential for upgrading and refurbishing old steel coasters?

Examples like Phantom's Revenge and Python at Efteling come to mind. I'm not sure if there's a cost-effective way of streamlining such a process.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I can’t see why they wouldn’t. I know RMC’s main requirement is concrete footers, anything else is considered a bonus. I think storm chaser was nearly all metal support work but I’m not sure how much was actually retained.

Regarding Blackpool and the The Big One I think it’s pretty common knowledge that this is the only justifiable candidate for RMC treatment at the beach. None of the woodies have proper concrete footers and thus cannot (as far as I know) be RMC’d.