What's new

Dollywood | Big Bear Mountain | Vekoma Family Launched Coaster | 2023

jay37415

Mega Poster
And the company does like to stay with the same manufacture for years.
ummm..

Arrow - 1999
GCI - 2004
Gerstlauer - 2007
B&M - 2012
Gerstlauer - 2014
RMC - 2016,2017,2021 (LOL)
Vekoma - 2019

Personally I am with the group that thinks this will be an Intiman Motorcoaster. If you look at the ride lineup in Wildwood grove, Bears, Frogs, Dragonfly, Hummingbirds, etc. It would make sense to theme this coaster to riding a butterfly or deer through the woods.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
The more I see of this coaster, the more I feel like for the first time, Dollywood is retreading old ground. I really think there is a need for a hyper or something mega-lite based, airtime machine, something unique and one of a kind in the park. First time I feel underwhelmed for a coaster in Dollywood

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
The more I see of this coaster, the more I feel like for the first time, Dollywood is retreading old ground. I really think there is a need for a hyper or something mega-lite based, airtime machine, something unique and one of a kind in the park. First time I feel underwhelmed for a coaster in Dollywood
It's way, way too early to be saying this. We don't know what the coaster is yet.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

How can you be underwhelmed by something when you don’t even know what it is?

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
I just realized that we're probably looking at the coaster and that rumored dark ride (via surveys back in 2019) because there's no way this coaster alone is 20 acres. So this expansion should be pretty great.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That looks suspiciously like a Taron/Velocicoaster type thing.

Matt N

CF Legend
As much as I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, and I'm of course open to all ideas, I'm personally a little sceptical about this being a thrill coaster; the fact that the park has inferred that this is a family attraction on multiple occasions leads me to believe that this probably won't be anything too high-octane, personally.

I'm open to surprises, however, and if this is a thrill coaster, I'll be the first to hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong!

richardcrete

Mega Poster
I think about a Mack Family Launch Coaster (like Manta). But I just remember that Pete Owens said in Februar, that the next new ride at Dollywood would be built by a manufacturer with the park hasn't work yet. I don't know if that was meaning the coasters (or any kind of ride), but I hope that wasn't. We could add Mack and Intamin in the potential manufacturers list. If it was 😬

This new ride could also be for 2022 (a dark ride made by Sally Rides?), and the coaster for 2023.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Doubt it. The Option B layout presented awhile ago (looks like we're getting Option A btw) clearly shows landscaping and trees instead on an enclosure. Same goes for this one. Also, given the amount of space that this attraction is taking up it would have to be a massive building.
I must be reading the plans wrong then, but it looks like there's a building line at the very bottom edge of the left side of the layout. That could just be a site plans outline though.

cocoa

Mega Poster
tbh, if any park in the US was gonna make a hagrid-type ride almost as good as the real thing, it would probably be dollywood or sdc. I'm interested in this, even if they already have firechaser, which imo is more kid-oriented than the mid-tier hagrid kinda coaster.