What's new

Glenwood Caverns Incident

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Such a terrible reading report do feel for the family, wouldn't be the first time overridding the panel has caused injury's/death.
Wonder what the repercussions for the park will be

MakoMania

Mega Poster
I wonder how many accidents we have to experience that revolve around ride operators overriding a safety warning before parks start to take it seriously and only allow technical services to override such warnings.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
It’s tragic, but I have to ask how the family didn’t realise the child wasn’t wearing a seatbelt? Like how did the parents put two separate seat belts on themselves without thinking to check on their 6 year old?

davidm

Strata Poster
^ Don't think they have said who the other riders were (possibly deliberately) ; it was a big family group at the park, so I kinda though it might just have been a load of kids on the ride.

Which makes it even grimmer.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Hate to bump the thread but the Haunted Mine Drop appears to be missing completely from the website. There’s nothing on their main attractions pages and it’s not listed among the seasonal/summertime attraction operation list. Looks to have been wiped, hope that it’s not gone permanently.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
I keep thinking about whether it has something to do with the restrictions, or deficiency in that department? I feel like something will undoubtedly turn out badly eventually; maybe the visitor got out? In any case I shouldn't actually guess, we will discover every one of the subtleties soon once the examination happens I'm certain. Musings and supplications go to the group obviously.
@Pokemaniac been a while 🤔

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, this looks fishy as all heck. Apologise to James if you're real and can read this, but your behaviour is awfully consistent with that of a spambot and I'd rather press the nuke button now than keeping an eye on the thread and going through all the hassle of cleaning up later. Please try again with more credibility.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Some good news for a change. 😁
So very, very happy about this. I make no secret of the fact that I love that park and I loved the Haunted Mine Drop (even though it scared seven shades of sh*te outta me).
Would have been a great shame if it closed for good, such a unique (and terrifying) attraction (and no, Nemesis Sub Terra does not count. Not even close).
I'm fairly confident that seat belts, a cage and a more rigorous safety procedure will not detract from the experience in any tangible way. In fact, if done right, it could even enhance the tension and claustrophobia somewhat.
Big smiles. 😁😁

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Excellent. I've been in two minds whether to make the effort for this place next month, but this is swinging it in the right direction.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Excellent. I've been in two minds whether to make the effort for this place next month, but this is swinging it in the right direction.

Mate, if you're even remotely in that area then GC is absolutely worth a visit, even more so now.
Some good alpine coasters nearby too (Vail, Breckenridge, Copper Mountain etc...) plus Cave of the Winds Mountain Park where they've got that Stan Checketts canyon swing. Oh, and the scenery is not too shabby round there either.
Do it, bruv. You'll thank me for it, honest. You'll say to yourself 'Gav, Howie was right, I must thank him for it'. 😉

Last edited:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Mate, if you're even remotely in that area then GC is absolutely worth a visit, even more so now.
Some good alpine coasters nearby too (Vail, Breckenridge, Copper Mountain etc...) plus Cave of the Winds Mountain Park where they've got that Stan Checketts canyon swing. Oh, and the scenery is not too shabby round there either.
Do it, bruv. You'll thank me for it, honest. You'll say to yourself 'Gav, Howie was right, I must thank him for it'.
It'll be a day trip from Denver, taking a bus, so it'll be just the park without any extras. I can look at the scenery and call it a cultural experience though.