What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The Pfizer vaccine just got full approval today which will for sure help as they can start mandating vaccines in places that will for sure help this but Seaworld better hold up on their promise to get this to us by March otherwise people will go crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol
Oooooh. I take it you're not familiar with the current governor of Florida: https://en.as.com/en/2021/08/20/latest_news/1629487490_914909.html

Also:
  • No, you can't sue a park over saying they'd open a ride, and the opening was delayed. You can get in line for those of us still waiting to ride Lightning Rod after it's spotty service record for years. 😅
  • RMC treatment's number one objective is to defeat wood warp - the track is steel, and any warping of the wood supports has absolute nominal effect on the ride quality. Notice how you haven't heard about NTG or Iron Rattler giving rough rides, as they approach 10 years of operation?

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Also:
  • No, you can't sue a park over saying they'd open a ride, and the opening was delayed. You can get in line for those of us still waiting to ride Lightning Rod after it's spotty service record for years. 😅

I apologise for unduly zoning in on such a throwaway comment, but I think it’s probably fairer to say that the liklihood of a successful action is ‘improbable’.

For what it’s worth, if this were in the UK at least then I think that an action for misrepresentation (with a remedy of recission) could theoretically be successful in respect of the buying of a season pass to ride any ‘purported to open soon’-ride, subject to all of the usual conditions for a misrepresentation being satisfied.

I think the statement of misrepresentation by the park is obvious (effectively an unequivocal declaration of “this ride WILL open THIS year!!” - when it doesn’t), but it would be factually difficult to establish being induced into the purchase by that misrepresentation, probably requiring said claimant to have made a direct communication with the park to reaffirm the then-purported opening date of the ride. You’d probably also have to not used your season pass to avoid any suggestion of waiver.

So it’s not necessarily impossible, instead merely improbable based on the perceived difficulty of being able to evidence your position 😅

Of course, and perhaps most importantly, I’d agree that you’d have to be an absolute nincompoop, devoid of all pragmatism, to waste any time beyond requesting a refund from customer services, when you could just write off the minor nuisance and enjoy the park as is. I do sympathise with the disappointment with the ongoing delay of this ride, but it is not something worth pouring substantial energy into 🤷‍♂️

For those truly and deeply aggrieved in any situation, I hear there is a solution that leads to not only resolution but also to increased life satisfaction:

Let it gooooo!
Let it goooooooo! \o/

So if anyone succeeds with that, do let me know how.

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Of course, and perhaps most importantly, I’d agree that you’d have to be an absolute nincompoop, devoid of all pragmatism, to waste any time beyond requesting a refund from customer services, when you could just write off the minor nuisance and enjoy the park as is. I do sympathise with the disappointment with the ongoing delay of this ride, but it is not something worth pouring substantial energy into 🤷‍♂️
You see this is the bit I can't quite get my head around, to be honest - I agree. If this was in some dump of a park where the only decent thing would be the RMC, then I'd understand being completely miserable about the whole thing.

I reckon I'd have dropped their customer services department an email, tried to wangle some food coupons, drinks vouchers, some exit passes or summat, and then just gone to enjoy what is, probably, one of the best coaster line-ups going in Florida. When Gwazi opens next year, I'd have had a good fill of Montu, Kumba and SheiKra (and then the lesser CHunt, Cobra's Curse and Scorpion), as well as all the other animal attractions, and could just marathon Gwazi the whole time. It's not like there's NOTHING to enjoy without Gwazi being there.

rwinger24

Roller Poster
Oooooh. I take it you're not familiar with the current governor of Florida: https://en.as.com/en/2021/08/20/latest_news/1629487490_914909.html

Also:
  • RMC treatment's number one objective is to defeat wood warp - the track is steel, and any warping of the wood supports has absolute nominal effect on the ride quality. Notice how you haven't heard about NTG or Iron Rattler giving rough rides, as they approach 10 years of operation?
I only hear Gwazi is tested by park maintenance every Wednesday at 4 am. So at least they maintain it. IG has survived the past two hurricane seasons SBNO. And human riders rode it this July. When it opens in March, I do not want to see any bad publicity if this RMC turns out to be rough feeling all sorts of shaking and head banging.

They have to be testing it daily at some point. If Iron Gwazi is inactive for 2 years with the exception of maintenance, it should be fun. If anything is wrong, RMC would come and replace any defective or warped wood on the Gwazi structure.

solarfall

Mega Poster
Why would being SBNO make the structure more likely to deform? Regardless of weather conditions, I'm pretty sure wear and tear is more likely if the structure is experiencing forces MORE often, not less. You seem to think that structural material acts similarly to human muscle (you get sore if you go to the gym for the first time after skipping a couple weeks)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Why would being SBNO make the structure more likely to deform? Regardless of weather conditions, I'm pretty sure wear and tear is more likely if the structure is experiencing forces MORE often, not less. You seem to think that structural material acts similarly to human muscle (you get sore if you go to the gym for the first time after skipping a couple weeks)
It's almost like he's chatting **** about a subject he knows nothing about. :D

rwinger24

Roller Poster
It's almost like he's chatting **** about a subject he knows nothing about. :D
Okay. Can we also talk about how Tom Iven was COO of SEAS for 40 days. He rode IG and then he left. Another higher yo left. Iven wanted to get it open, but Scott Ross refuses as he is waiting for the off season. In addition to all post pandemic problems plaguing the park, it all comes down to corporate who want to open the rides the next fiscal year. Disappointed but it would be worth the investment.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Okay. Can we also talk about how Tom Iven was COO of SEAS for 40 days. He rode IG and then he left. Another higher yo left. Iven wanted to get it open, but Scott Ross refuses as he is waiting for the off season. In addition to all post pandemic problems plaguing the park, it all comes down to corporate who want to open the rides the next fiscal year. Disappointed but it would be worth the investment.
This dude does not stop😭 do not worry bro, it will open in March

rwinger24

Roller Poster
Warning issued. Banned until Jan-2022.
They should rename the ride to Rusted Gwazi, or Broken Gwazi. Cant believe it survived Tropical Storm/Hurricane Elsa.

Once it opens, I bet it will be plagued with problems since BGT can’t even hire enough maintenance to handle this kind of ride. Leave the ride system untouched for 2 years.

I doubt the first RMC in Florida will collapse. Gwazi was untouched for 3 years. Enough to proof how stupid enough to believe it will collapse.

Matt N

CF Legend
If it reassures you @rwinger24, they’ve been cycling trains round on a semi-regular basis, so they clearly haven’t just left it to rust in the Florida sun.

Besides, I’m sure BGT will have thought about maintenance before delaying the coaster by 2 years. If a park ever has any intention of opening a ride, they have to maintain it, and Busch knows that; I wouldn’t think they’ve just left it to decay in the Florida heat for the best part of 2 years. They will have done the necessary maintenance on it to eventually be able to operate it.

In terms of why it survived Hurricane Elsa; it’s in Florida. It will have been built to withstand hurricanes. Anything built in Florida is built with its often unpredictable, stormy climate in mind.

rwinger24

Roller Poster
If it reassures you @rwinger24, they’ve been cycling trains round on a semi-regular basis, so they clearly haven’t just left it to rust in the Florida sun.

Besides, I’m sure BGT will have thought about maintenance before delaying the coaster by 2 years. If a park ever has any intention of opening a ride, they have to maintain it, and Busch knows that; I wouldn’t think they’ve just left it to decay in the Florida heat for the best part of 2 years. They will have done the necessary maintenance on it to eventually be able to operate it.
It still looks like a lawn ornament to the general public.

Matt N

CF Legend
It still looks like a lawn ornament to the general public.
Yes, that might admittedly be true, but visitors to Busch Gardens don’t see all the back end work that is done on the rides, including Iron Gwazi. All of the park’s rides will need a certain degree of basic checks and maintenance done on them to keep them going, and are tested every day, and even though it hasn’t yet opened, I’m sure Iron Gwazi is subject to the same checks and testing.

Busch won’t have just locked Iron Gwazi up and thrown away the key for 2 years when they initially delayed it. Maintenance staff will be keeping a watchful eye on it, and I’m sure that when the ride opens, it’ll ride like every other RMC IBox coaster!

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to bother, but I’ve got a question; if Iron Gwazi will supposedly be suffering structural problems from being delayed in opening for 2 years, then how was the original Gwazi structure structurally sound enough to get converted into an RMC in the first place after 4 years of being left SBNO, and likely with far less maintenance than Iron Gwazi is getting now?