What's new

Canobie Corkscrew vanishes from park map & website - Confirmed removal for 2021

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm ... looking it up on RCDB, it appears to have been built all the way back in 1975, and relocated twice before 1987. It would seem reasonable that age is catching up with the poor thing.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I'd be devastated! My first loooooooper.
I’d be devastated for the opposite reason: haven’t had the chance to ride it yet, though I’ve had plans to visit the park foiled several times.

Canobie, La Ronde, and PNE Playland are the only sizeable N. American parks I haven’t been to yet, so I’m sure those three’ll start ripping out everything before I get there.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Canobie, La Ronde, and PNE Playland are the only sizeable N. American parks I haven’t been to yet, so I’m sure those three’ll start ripping out everything before I get there.

As a UK based enthusiast I'm feeling quite smug that I've actually been to two of those three :D

Rode the Canobie Corkscrew a couple of times and it wasn't particularly enjoyable, just a standard Arrow corkscrew, so if they replaced it with a modern family thrill coaster I think that'd be a good move. The plot size is perfect for a Vekoma SFC surely?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Mate, I've walked around the outside of La Ronde and the PNE in 2019 and 2016, respectively, but never gone in due to the group having other ideas. Missed two Corkscrew with Bayerncurves right there.

Hutch

Strata Poster
While the ride isn't good, I'd be sad to see it go as it was my first looper as well and it's one of the signature rides at Canobie. I'm hoping they'll get a coaster to replace it, but their options are obviously limited given the height and noise restrictions.

Steely Dan

Mega Poster
The 4th Arrow looper from the 70s/80s to close in the past 3 years.

We can expect a lot more of this to come this decade, I imagine.

Last edited: