What's new

Niles

Giga Poster
It has been a while since anything has happened but track has been removed for the turntable to go in.
20210807_161701.jpg.79164070d8b08a9cd2bd21768112ec3a.jpg

20210807_164159.jpg.fa2d26cdd576c0c488b675a79c840391.jpg

20210807_161907.jpg.0b0f22d342f652474953446e81d1ce0f.jpg

Source: https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/4962-six-flags-over-texas-sfot-discussion-thread/page/420/

emoo

Hyper Poster
I see it more as taking the opportunity to make something better for more money (for backtracking and the new bits) when they had already started building the cheaper route.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Guys I hate to be that guy, but does anyone have any updates on this attraction 😂, like this has been SILENT

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Guys I hate to be that guy, but does anyone have any updates on this attraction 😂, like this has been SILENT
I mean, 3 year old filler ride is a filler ride and clearly people just don't......care.
I was interested in getting to try one of these Power Splash rides but the way this has been dragged out its shows the park doesn't care, why should the fans or guests at this point. It's almost embarrassing... But not as embarrassing as SFDK getting a carnival ride thats still taking 3 years to be built, in a park that once had a more highly praised spinner too, yikes.

UP87

Mega Poster
I still have no clue how something like that even happens... Is there a meeting of executives and one speaks up: "Regarding the new attraction we just bought and started building... I think we messed up! There are already fans in the internet complaining about the capacity and that we got the version without the turn table. I think we should invest in a turntable - as the manufacturer told us to begin with."

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
Latest Screamscape rumours state that Aquaman may be delayed yet again into 2023, you can read the post for yourself below and honestly I’d lend credibility to this given the current progress on site;
View attachment 18477
Not surprised at this point tbh!! It wouldn't surprise me if Six Flags ever bought one of these again after this opens!! It may do a West Coast Racers though as the document suggests!!?

Ethan

Strata Poster
Not surprised at this point tbh!! It wouldn't surprise me if Six Flags ever bought one of these again after this opens!! It may do a West Coast Racers though as the document suggests!!?
Is this Mack's fault, though? I mean, I agree we might not see them buy another one, though. Surely Six Flags were the mugs who purchased a non-turntable model and caused some of this delay?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Is this Mack's fault, though? I mean, I agree we might not see them buy another one, though. Surely Six Flags were the mugs who purchased a non-turntable model and caused some of this delay?
In this case, Mack is not to blame at all. After all, it was so dumb (and cheap) of Six Flags not to buy the model with the turntable in the first place. Even if you are not going to run both boats all the time, it makes sense to have the option at least.