What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger | B&M Dive Coaster | 2022

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, it's 14:00 CST = 20:00 BST.

Based on the event itinerary on their website though, I wouldn't expect to hear the announcement much before about 20:30-20:45, they have a few other bits and bobs being done first.

Matt N

CF Legend
Yes, it's 14:00 CST = 20:00 BST.

Based on the event itinerary on their website though, I wouldn't expect to hear the announcement much before about 20:30-20:45, they have a few other bits and bobs being done first.

Are they live-streaming the announcement, or will we just find out once the event is over?

Matt N

CF Legend
Yup! According to a livestream, it’s a B&M Dive Coaster called Dr Diabolical’s Cliffhanger! Unsure on specifics, but we have ourselves a B&M Dive Coaster!

With SFFT’s terrain, this could be amazing!

I’ll tell you what, I certainly wasn’t expecting that…

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
If this is not an axis then I will eat my shoes. They're falling apart anyways. Can post a video here of me eating part of the sole if this is the case. We've got a ridiculous amount of evidence that really does seem to have SFFT Axis written all over it. Granted, I've reached the wrong conclusion before for many a new coaster, we all have, but the solute has really gathered at the bottom of the cup here.
RIP shoes then. It's a Dive Machine.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
What a disappointment.

Also 7-seats across just annoys me. Even moreso than the 3-across on a Thunderbolt. Though it does feel weird to see a SF park work with B&M though after nearly 10 years.
Huh? This is much better than what everyone was predicting, AKA the Double Heart. And this is the first time Six Flags has worked with B&M in ten years. How is this a disappointment lol

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve got to say, I love a good B&M Dive Coaster, so I think this’ll be a great ride! The beyond-vertical drop was unexpected; I’ll be intrigued to see how that rides on a B&M…

Also, 7-across is… different. I wonder why they didn’t just go for 6, 8 or 10 like the others?

Matt N

CF Legend
With this and the rumoured shuttle wing coaster for Chessington, could we be starting to see B&M take on some less typical projects and do some wackier stuff?

emoo

Hyper Poster
Not a disappointment but really? Of all the speculation choices it ended up being a dive machine (that doesn't appear to go off the cliff, which will be a sore point of discussion for some time), and the smaller trains tend to be the weaker ones.

However - while often its just a gimmick to go beyond vertical, I am very intrigued and hopeful that B&M do it right. Perhaps its what's needed to give some umpf back into the drop.

Has anyone even fantasy booked a 95o drop on one of these? How has this come out of no where!!

Matt N

CF Legend
Am I the only one who’s literally pumped for this? I love a good Dive Coaster (both the Dives I’ve done are in my top 10), and a beyond-vertical dive coaster has the potential to be really fab if done well!