What's new

Walibi Belgium | Kondaa | Intamin Mega Coaster | 2021

cookie

Giga Poster
Exciting to hear that they have no plans to reduce investment to cover the losses from COVID!

Also; is it only me who’s slightly shocked that Walibi Belgium only gets 1 million guests per year?
Walibi Holland doesn't even crack 900,000, to be fair (and in double fairness, Holland's location is pretty crap and its focus towards teens and adults limit how high numbers can go a bit). I think Walibi still being seen as a mostly regional brand plus Belgium's lower tourism numbers compared to neighbouring countries play a part in it.

Last edited:

nson

Roller Poster
Walibi Holland doesn't even crack 900,000, to be fair (and in double fairness, Holland's location is pretty crap and its focus towards teens and adults limit how high numbers can go a bit). I think Walibi still being seen as a mostly regional brand plus Belgium's lower tourism numbers compared to neighbouring countries play a part in it.
I think that Walibi's franchise tends to target teens and adults in general, i would easily add CDA's jewel Parc Asterix to the list as well. WB has probably the biggest potential for the future developments (and always had) but it was simply missing the big catchy investments to truly give credibility to the park, now it's done.)
At the same time WB IS located in an area already super dense themeparks related. (Plop and Efteling already have the child target, Bellewaerde/Toverland/Bobbe/WH have their familial or young local crowd etc.)
IMO Belgium isn't on the map yet when it comes to amusementparks, but it is going to change for sure ! . Belgium probably has a lower tourism rate than other close countries, but Festivals and stuffs brings millions of people in Belgium during the summer season for decades, we're talking about young, exited, people who wants to thrill, which is an audience more interesting than the classic tourists you can find elsewhere on the same period. Their best strategy is to invest into thrill rides as much as possible and get a prestige from it.

Last edited:

Coasterwaffle

Roller Poster
Here is an article that discusses all of the CDA parks and their recent investments and also a bit about covid 19, in this article, one of the first riders of Kondaa, Julie Simon says "Kondaa is a great, but aggressive ride" which I was hoping for so I can't really complain, it looks so good.

Enil

Roller Poster
New testing footage from a few days ago, this is probably the fastest test run we’ve seen so far.

It’s flying! Can’t imagine how fast it’s going to run when it gets warmer, as it still only is about 10 degrees Celsius (50 Fahrenheits for you Americans)
I always knew Intamin wasn’t gonna let it crawl through that non inverting cobra roll

Ries

Mega Poster
Looks so much better, when it has a bit more speed.
But are these the same length trains as Velocicoaster? Maybe the long trains make it seem slower. Personally I like it more when there is more pace.

Coasterwaffle

Roller Poster
View attachment 11731

Opening 8th of May for those who can travel there! https://www.walib
View attachment 11731

Opening 8th of May for those who can travel there! https://www.walibi.be/en
There is a big chanche that the themeparks over here in Belgium won't open on 8 may which would be sad, they think it would be too soon for the themeparks and restraunts to reopen becaue there are still too many infections but nothing is sure yet