What's new

Gröna Lund | Monster | B&M Invert | 2021

Matt N

CF Legend
I’m legitimately amazed by how Grona Lund fit this coaster in; building any coaster in their confined space looks akin to trying to fit a square through a circular hole, but somehow, they’ve done it!

The coaster layout itself looks great, too!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I'm definitely getting more excited for this than I should be. It took me a while to figure out why, but then I realised that it helps fill an important gap in Grona Lund's line-up. It's a park with a reasonable number of coasters, but not that many really good, re-rideable ones. Twister is great fun, Jetline is OK, Insane is, well, insane to the point of being a must ride, but not warranting re-ride. After that, you've got maybe Kvasten that's closest to being noteworthy?

Honestly, I think the park really needed another upper-tier attraction to trade blows with Twister, and this might be it. I'm not expecting miracles from a modern B&M, I'm certainly not expecting god-tier Nemesis or Katun intensity, but if it delivers smooth, entertaining fun as it weaves in and out of other attractions and dips low over the park, then it's probably a solid, much needed attraction that should help take the park to the next level and give us enthusiasts something else that we want to go back to.

To put it another way: This feels like it may well be Grona Lund's equivalent to Icon at Blackpool.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Am I seeing things or do the supports go into holes in the ground?

While some manufacturers bury their footer connections in concrete (Gerstlauer is one that comes to mind), B&M doesn't. They prefer to leave the bolts exposed so that they can be periodically checked. So, they likely had to cut/dig holes in the pathway to drop the bottoms of the columns inside of so that they can place a removable cover over the bolts that is flush with the rest of the midway.

FABH

Roller Poster
Lots of more footage of Monster testing. It also includes two complete uncut complete circuits at the end of the video for those who are interested in pacing and transitions between the elements. Hope you like it! (and if you do, please leave a like and consider subscribing – it really helps)

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
Lots of more footage of Monster testing. It also includes two complete uncut complete circuits at the end of the video for those who are interested in pacing and transitions between the elements. Hope you like it! (and if you do, please leave a like and consider subscribing – it really helps)

Your videos an amazing @FABH 👏
Thank you for giving us some amazing updates of this awesome looking ride!

Matt N

CF Legend
I must say, this is really looking like it’s shaping up to be an excellent coaster! Well paced, with lots of hangtime, speed and generally great elements!

Hutch

Strata Poster
I have a feeling this may be a front row ride over back row? Some of the inversions don't seem as snappy like other inverts, but it looks like you could get some good whip going up into the inversions (as well as the jr immelmann). Plus, the view facing the lake as you plunge down and the drop and seeing all the interactions and near misses will be super unique!

catsounds

Mega Poster
it's giving me major old school b&m invert vibes.. even with the empty train it looks intense

also is this the steepest lift they've done on an invert?

VonRolland

Hyper Poster

Thank you for this fab footage! Never really been fully on the hype wagon for this but that footage might convince me surprisingly noisy when the seagull's aren't screaming that is!
Oh yeah that lift looks very steep

Matt N

CF Legend
I know what you mean, but I had to laugh on the hangtime..

@FABH Thanks for the video again. Great work.
I was thinking that those long, drawn-out rolls should give some lovely hangtime! Although I guess hangtime would probably be a harder sensation to convey on an inverted coaster...

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I don't know how FABH pulled this off, but at times the video reminds me of those weird animated ads for coasters where parts are sped up :p

Very nice POV though, and the layout feels great. A vertical loop is not a sorely missed as I would have thought.

Also the part before the lifthill looks like a rich guys bathroom with the tiles and the wooden floor, accurately representing the footprint this coaster was squeezed into

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
When Monster was first announced way back in 2017, I wasn't terribly excited for it, as its small stature made me think that it wouldn't be able to stack up to the larger B&M inverts, but I was wrong! I'm really interested to see where this will rank among inverts. The layout alone has great pacing, with one intense, whippy element after another, and the setting is so unique! I do wonder how much more that extra heartline roll would've improved the ride, though...

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
I don't know how FABH pulled this off, but at times the video reminds me of those weird animated ads for coasters where parts are sped up :p

Same for me, I was actually wondering if they might have cheated a bit speeding it up here and there. But I actually compared the timing to the other footage from the test runs and it seems the same. I think the the wide-angle lens used here intensifies the sense of speed a bit. But still, that thing flies!