What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
It definitely feels cursed at this point, but nobody could have foreseen the events of 2020. I truly hope the park bounces back this year and that 2021 provides them with solid attendance figures, there's little the park can't open from the 12th to be fair (no dark rides if I recall?) so some solid marketing around the nearest major urban areas (target Leeds!) could do the park a solid.

oopnorth

Roller Poster
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/flamingolandresort/photos/a.318165834933065/3743069279109353/&width=500&show_text=true&appId=43592914621&height=735

WEEKDAY PACKAGE

🐯
Our award winning Zoo.
🎡
5 fantastic rides for junior rides including Gallopers, Helitoys, Jungle Carousel, Muddy Duck Tractors & Wacky Races.
🥪
A variety of food and beverage for takeaway and outdoor eating only. These include our Coach House Country Pub, Traditional Fish and Chip Takeaway and Muddy Duck Cafe proudly serving Costa Coffee and light snacks.
⭐️
Sea Lion show.
😄
Children’s play areas including children planet play area & Peter Rabbit play area.
🐰
Meet and Greet with Peter Rabbit & Friends

WEEKEND PACKAGE

🐯
Our award winning Zoo.
🎡
A fantastic selection of junior rides as well as Mumbo Jumbo, Cliff Hanger and Pterodactyl.
🥪
A variety of food and beverage for takeaway and outdoor eating only. These include our Coach House Country Pub, Traditional Fish and Chip Takeaway and Muddy Duck Cafe proudly serving Costa Coffee and light snacks.
⭐️
Sea Lion show.
😄
Children’s play areas including children planet play area & Peter Rabbit play area.
🐰

Not looking great with such a limited ride offering

MillenniumT

Roller Poster
Iv got a feeling the park is really struggling, I cant see this coaster opening this season. We just got to hope they have a good season and are able to complete the project for 2022, As once its open lets hope its a saviour for the park bringing in increased guest numbers and thrill seekers who want to get the new cred

Will

Strata Poster
I'm assuming FL will have had to reduce their admission charge to compensate for the lack of rides, which in turn creates its own problems.
My immediate thought was '****, how many people are going to want to visit a mostly closed park', but it occurs to me that Flamingo have LOTS of self-contained accommodation on site, which could prove their saving grace - the families going on a little 'staycation' in the Yorkshire countryside will be happy with the ride offering and likely to spend at least one day of their stay on park.

Personally though, I'm afraid I'm adding Flamingo to the growing list of UK parks not to bother with this year.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Oof, OK wow, that's not sounding great at all. I wanted to go last year but obviously didn't because the new thing wasn't open, looks like I'll be putting it off again for this year too. Yorkshire is a huge effort for me to get to and I'm already not the hugest fan of Flamingoland so I've been waiting for a reason to get back up there, and this was it.

Luckily like Will says, they have the on-site accommodation so hopefully the strategy is to focus on keeping those guys happy in order to get through 2021 and we'll see this up and running for 2022!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/flamingolandresort/photos/a.318165834933065/3743069279109353/&width=500&show_text=true&appId=43592914621&height=735

WEEKDAY PACKAGE

🐯
Our award winning Zoo.
🎡
5 fantastic rides for junior rides including Gallopers, Helitoys, Jungle Carousel, Muddy Duck Tractors & Wacky Races.
🥪
⭐️
Sea Lion show.
😄
🐰

WEEKEND PACKAGE

🐯
Our award winning Zoo.
🎡
A fantastic selection of junior rides as well as Mumbo Jumbo, Cliff Hanger and Pterodactyl.
🥪
⭐️
Sea Lion show.
😄
🐰

Not looking great with such a limited ride offering

This doesn't look good does it :/

However, to give them the benefit of the doubt, they're saying this is just the first phase, and is due to government restrictions. This is plausible, perhaps they just don't want the extra expense of trying to operate the big rides, with extra (expensive) measures and reduced capacity / income, better wait for restrictions to hopefully be lifted altogether in June.

Hope this all comes good for them, I actually (unpopular opinion) really enjoy Flamingo Land, and haven't done it many times. It's actually my 4th favourite UK park.

otwidalepda

Roller Poster
I've just checked and no sign of 'New for 2021' at all, no matter how far I zoom out? Not sure if it's just my PC
It has gone from the map completely.

What some are forgetting is that throughout the lockdowns, FL has had to continue zoo operations. It is well documented that zoos have struggled in the UK due to continued outgoings with no income. We also know that FL had to take out a CIBLS loan from Barclays to support covering this cost.

Most UK theme parks have been able to shut down completely with minimal outgoings. FL hasn't had this luxury. With that in mind - I am surprised anyone still thinks opening this year is feasible 😢

oopnorth

Roller Poster
I'm really hoping this is just the first phase and the rest of the park will open up in the coming months. This and LWV are my local parks and so far neither are tempting me to return, even after over a year of themepark prohibition :(.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
So most of the coasters will be SBNO? No looking forward to opening the new one?
Why not set a date even if it is in August?

Bit of a write off this season I reckon considering the other stuff we are seeing as well.

The re-opening on 4th of July last year seemed less prohibited. Ie one could book hotels straight away, rides were just all open etc.
I'm not just blaming the parks but this is all extremely messy I have to say. No one knows what the hell is going on and what one can do at this rate.

I'm really hoping this is just the first phase and the rest of the park will open up in the coming months. This and LWV are my local parks and so far neither are tempting me to return, even after over a year of themepark prohibition :(.
Doubt I will bother much with any UK park visit this year. I will first wait to see what I hear from people here and elsewhere online to gauge crowd and enjoyment levels somewhat.

It sort of seems many parks have actually just given up already.

Perhaps it is understandable.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
@AndrewRollercoaster Remember the government have indicated that they are aiming for 'all' legal distancing requirements to be gone by mid June, so perhaps a lot are just biding their time until then...

Fingers crossed that is what FL are doing. Opening what they can, within the guidelines, without any extra expense to bring themselves within the guidelines, whilst also saving a LOT of money by not operating the bigger rides when the park's capacity will be reduced... I really hope so anyway, It would make sense, and since people will come anyway (pent up demand, self contained accommodation, etc) 'should' with a bit of well overdue luck, be very profitable for them. :)

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
@AndrewRollercoaster Remember the government have indicated that they are aiming for 'all' legal distancing requirements to be gone by mid June, so perhaps a lot are just biding their time until then...

Fingers crossed that is what FL are doing. Opening what they can, within the guidelines, without any extra expense to bring themselves within the guidelines, whilst also saving a LOT of money by not operating the bigger rides when the park's capacity will be reduced... I really hope so anyway, It would make sense, and since people will come anyway (pent up demand, self contained accommodation, etc) 'should' with a bit of well overdue luck, be very profitable for them. :)
I've heard that from the govt and from that perspective it makes sense.
Personally I don't think it will happen and we will still be wearing masks / social distancing.

Hope I'm wrong but the increase in cases / variants in other parts of the world I think will be used as an excuse "it's just too dangerous" etc.

We will see. Nothing really I can do except for whining about it and accept it whatever happens.

So most of the coasters will be SBNO? No looking forward to opening the new one?
Why not set a date even if it is in August?

Bit of a write off this season I reckon considering the other stuff we are seeing as well.

The re-opening on 4th of July last year seemed less prohibited. Ie one could book hotels straight away, rides were just all open etc.
I'm not just blaming the parks but this is all extremely messy I have to say. No one knows what the hell is going on and what one can do at this rate.

Doubt I will bother much with any UK park visit this year. I will first wait to see what I hear from people here and elsewhere online to gauge crowd and enjoyment levels somewhat.

It sort of seems many parks have actually just given up already.

Perhaps it is understandable.

We haven't given up, trust me.
We are working our collective balls off to get as many outdoor rides ready as possible.

Our problem aside from money is that we have lost almost the entire winter shutdown period. Whereas last year, pretty much everything was already finished by the time the first lockdown rolled in.

I have a week planned in Scarborough in early May and Flamingoland was going to get a visit however with the reduction in attractions there is no way I'll be paying for my family to attend, it's just not value for money at the moment.