What's new

CoasterForce Lives 2021

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hello Goons...I'll cut to the chase, unfortunately this post isn't a list of CF Lives planned for next year. It's more of a "what we're thinking" type of statement.

Cancelling our 2020 trip plans was heartbreaking. We had a cracking schedule with a lot of extras thrown it. It would've been one of the best years we ever had. Despite the recent positive news about a Covid-19 vaccine, we have to be realistic with our 2021 planning. We won't be announcing a 2021 schedule this winter as we usually do, only for the pandemic to still be raging and then having to cancel everything. We won't be running any fully organised trips, such as the Finland trip or the Paultons day out. It's impossible to plan anything with any degree of certainty. And as I've said before, it would be highly irresponsible for CF to encourage gatherings of multiple people from different households until this bastard thing is under control. When governments allow crowds back in stadiums and arenas to watch sporting events, that will be our indicator that large gatherings are somewhat acceptable and the virus transmission risk is low. Urgh, so much negativity ?

What we hope to do is to offer some events in the middle-to-late part of 2021, from early summer onwards. They will be events that we can easily organise, rearrange or cancel depending on the situation, and at parks that are easily accessible for most. We're looking at day trips to parks in the UK, Ohio, and Florida for example, and maybe some in Europe. We don't have any dates in mind, but our intention is to announce them with about a months notice.

Theme parks (here comes that overused term) now, more than ever, need our support. We will do what we can to encourage goons to visit parks. We've seen small "bubbles" of goons heading off on trips, and many of you have done small group/lone visits to parks. That's great. It needs to happen so parks can survive. We don't expect anybody to hang on until summer to make their plans. I really hope that we can meet up in 2021 but when we do, it must be safe and when people feel comfortable. So please keep an eye on the CF Live forum and hopefully we'll all be together again soon.

Keep coasting and stay safe, my lovely little goons
Ian From CoasterForce xx

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Hello Goons...I'll cut to the chase, unfortunately this post isn't a list of CF Lives planned for next year. It's more of a "what we're thinking" type of statement.

Cancelling our 2020 trip plans was heartbreaking. We had a cracking schedule with a lot of extras thrown it. It would've been one of the best years we ever had. Despite the recent positive news about a Covid-19 vaccine, we have to be realistic with our 2021 planning. We won't be announcing a 2021 schedule this winter as we usually do, only for the pandemic to still be raging and then having to cancel everything. We won't be running any fully organised trips, such as the Finland trip or the Paultons day out. It's impossible to plan anything with any degree of certainty. And as I've said before, it would be highly irresponsible for CF to encourage gatherings of multiple people from different households until this bastard thing is under control. When governments allow crowds back in stadiums and arenas to watch sporting events, that will be our indicator that large gatherings are somewhat acceptable and the virus transmission risk is low. Urgh, so much negativity ?

What we hope to do is to offer some events in the middle-to-late part of 2021, from early summer onwards. They will be events that we can easily organise, rearrange or cancel depending on the situation, and at parks that are easily accessible for most. We're looking at day trips to parks in the UK, Ohio, and Florida for example, and maybe some in Europe. We don't have any dates in mind, but our intention is to announce them with about a months notice.

Theme parks (here comes that overused term) now, more than ever, need our support. We will do what we can to encourage goons to visit parks. We've seen small "bubbles" of goons heading off on trips, and many of you have done small group/lone visits to parks. That's great. It needs to happen so parks can survive. We don't expect anybody to hang on until summer to make their plans. I really hope that we can meet up in 2021 but when we do, it must be safe and when people feel comfortable. So please keep an eye on the CF Live forum and hopefully we'll all be together again soon.

Keep coasting and stay safe, my lovely little goons
Ian From CoasterForce xx
Great decision... Last minute was key this year, no reason (yet) to suspect next year will be any different...

Had some great little ‘mini-meets’ with 2, 3 or 4 of us at parks here and in Europe this year. Great company and thoroughly enjoyed (you know who you are.)

Reactions: Ian

Matt SW

Roller Poster
fingers crossed there will be changes that mean these trips can go ahead.

Maybe 21 will finally be my ice breaker to attending meets, and I don’t mean the coaster.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
That sounds like a solid call. There's no point in attempting to plan for a year that's still a complete unknown at this point, especially as we can just as easily start planning once we have some actual clarity on how things are developing next year.

Suffice to say, if we do get some actual events in 2021, I'll be doing my best to make an appearance.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Very sensible. I've not yet made one of these, but given I am making up for 2020 and agree we need to support the parks, I will try to make a possible OH or FL trip if possible, (if they happen).