What's new

Schwaben Park | Hummel Brummel | Wie-Flyer

oriolat2

Giga Poster
These trains look like Happy Meal toys copied by Intamin or Golden Horse.

God are they ugly! The coaster looks interesting although a bit sketchy.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
All being well we'll be at Schwaben in a few weeks, so I'm hopeful we may be able to report back. :)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think it should be judged like a coaster. More like a first introduction to the feeling of flight, which it seems to deliver pretty well. It's like an extended wave swinger on rails. It's sure to be a hit with families.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So we rode this on Tuesday.

It's actually quite fab.

@Pokemaniac isn't far off with his assessment - it's clearly a family coaster (Schwaben is clearly a family park), but for what it is it's quite fun. It has good speed pick-up and once at top speed the corners are tight enough to induce some decent swinging of the seats. The ride-ops were leaving sensible gaps between cars so you wouldn't really catch up with the car in front, although we did try a test and the system automatically cuts your speed with a reasonable gap to the car in front.

EDIT - Would also add the supports are quite cool. Clever use of one support column for several different sections of track all passing in different places and at different heights.

The colours aren't great, mind. Oh, and it lacks a station of any real description yet - although it looks to me like they might install something later, it currently has a lot of temporary wooden fencing and rope to make paths, etc.

Overall - actually quite fun. Probably the best thing at the park, to be honest.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Maybe there's a big dial in a box somewhere to crank up the power because it was riding like nothing more than a chairlift in my experience the weekend before.
Glad it has the potential to please.