What's new

Walibi Belgium | Kondaa | Intamin Mega Coaster | 2021

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It'll be interesting to see how that non-inverting-but-sort-of-inverts (dare I say, we need to get the chart out...) looks once the rest of the ride is built.

At the moment, the side on view makes it look really odd, and not in a good way. I think it's because of the length and height of it personally. 'Front' or 'back' views look fab though. With a bit of extra track around the area it might feel a bit more normal.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I guess it's not EXACTLY the same angle, but what happened?

Screen-Shot-2018-12-22-at-7.36.41-PM-650x346.png

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I would think they are objecting to that Instagram account more on the grounds of how he was coming across as an official source/authority on the project and even has a link to merch.
Screenshot_20200804-082541_Instagram.jpg

Trying to build a social media brand and following from their project; rather than like most other people who just casually, personally post the pictures from it (after all plenty of others have and have not been asked to remove or stop; plus its bit hard to miss the coaster build its massive and very visible). So personally I totally understand the marketing department of the park here.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The difference with Phantasialand is they take issue when people do crazy things to get photos, such as flying drones over sites or taking screwdrivers with them to be able to look into areas.

For those intrigued, a direct translation of the email:

Hello sir,
Your email has been sent to Mr Nuyt.
Not only do we not allow you to enter the site, but we also ask you not to post any more photos of our site, nor of our future megacoaster.
We wanted to keep control of the entire communication on this matter.
Thank you for doing nothing more! Nothing more should be published.
Can you also give us the name of the site manager who suggested you send this request?

So there's no mention of the Instagram account, but agree that I expect that's the park's main issue. To a more casual person, that Instagram account could easily be thought to be official / have official ties.

Enil

Roller Poster
I would think they are objecting to that Instagram account more on the grounds of how he was coming across as an official source/authority on the project and even has a link to merch.
Screenshot_20200804-082541_Instagram.jpg

Trying to build a social media brand and following from their project; rather than like most other people who just casually, personally post the pictures from it (after all plenty of others have and have not been asked to remove or stop; plus its bit hard to miss the coaster build its massive and very visible). So personally I totally understand the marketing department of the park here.

Yeah if you put it that way it's understandable, the insta page does look more and more "official". I agree with the park in that case.

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
Okay, so I'm seeing a lot of talk about the e-mail a fan received about "visiting the construction site". And a lot of info that is being shared about that e-mail is NOT completely true. So I'm here to give out some facts about what was said in that e-mail.

In that e-mail was asked to NOT go back ON construction site, the fans that received that e-mail were, in fact, going on construction site to take pictures. As we all already know, construction sites are dangerous! They are lifting up lots of things that could potentially harm or kill someone.

Walibi Belgium always had the same approach to projects and that is keeping it a secret! They want to reveal projects as if they were built overnight.

Now, I won't disclose everything written in that e-mail, but it is normal for Walibi to decline a potential visit to the construction site. If you give one person the right to go on-site, then everyone would want to visit it every day. They have better things to do than to give everyone a visit of their newest addition to the park. Also, don't forget there is a pandemic going on, so this will not happen anytime soon either.

!!!TO ANYONE OUT THERE SENDING EMAILS TO THEME PARKS WITH AN OFFER, PLEASE READ THIS!!!
That e-mail should've never been talked about in the first place. If I leaked every e-mail where any companies/theme parks declined my offers I wouldn't think those companies/theme parks would EVER want to work with me again. If you send them an e-mail, stay professional and keep defeat to yourself (even if it hurts).

EDIT
The translation given is not even the full e-mail.

For those intrigued, a direct translation of the email:

Last edited:

Varnonth

Roller Poster
And another picture taken from Dalton Terror!

FB_IMG_1596726403372.jpg
Great thanks to Themepark Magic on Facebook for this fantastic picture!

I really do like this angle on the non-inverting cobra roll though (but I always liked this element). It seems they started construction on the first camelback after the first drop. What a fun project to follow!