What's new

CF-Lives 2020 | All Dates Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

CF Legend
One thing that it might be worth taking into account with the Lives; will they be allowed to go ahead, even if the parks are open? Only saying because I’m assuming that social distancing will remain in full force for some time even after the parks reopen, and current UK social distancing measures do not allow you to come within 2m of anyone outside of your own household.

Not trying to rain on your parade at all, I only thought it might be something worth considering.

Yeah that's what people are saying lol - that it would have to depend on how those restrictions evolve before September time, rather than just going oh parks are open again.

Matt N

CF Legend
Yeah that's what people are saying lol - that it would have to depend on how those restrictions evolve before September time, rather than just going oh parks are open again.
I know Boris has said that he’d quite like to reduce the required distance to 1.5m or 1m in the future, but I’m not sure what distancing will look like come September; we’ll just have to wait and see, I guess!

September is still 3 months away, and the world has certainly changed a lot in the last 3 months, so I certainly wouldn’t rule anything out!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, Matt N, social distancing is a factor to consider. We’ll see what the Government’s advice and rules are nearer the time. Unless the “only x people from different households” rule is scrapped, the Live won’t be happening anyway.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
For any of the Americans watching the topic who were thinking about attending the New Jersey Live at the end of July, we've decided to outright cancel it. We've only seen one of the numerous parks we would visit release any info regarding their reopening plan thus far, and we also feel that it'd be too difficult to reschedule, although we may attempt a similar trip next year.

davidm

Strata Poster
Re November/Florida.

Seaworld/Busch have (currently have anyway) a reservation only system in place for those dates (for all of 2020 I have read). No charge to reserve but you need a pass or ticket to do so.

So ; faff.

I am 50-50 in my mind whether this trip will happen ; its a long way off so things might change for the better.... or things might settle down to a "new normal" that means it would just be such a burden to travel that far to put up with all the unfun faff. For the moment everything is still booked, but who knows :(

Matt N

CF Legend
Virgin are restarting flights to Orlando on 20th July, so I don’t think that will be a problem.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Re November/Florida.

Seaworld/Busch have (currently have anyway) a reservation only system in place for those dates (for all of 2020 I have read). No charge to reserve but you need a pass or ticket to do so.

So ; faff.

I am 50-50 in my mind whether this trip will happen ; its a long way off so things might change for the better.... or things might settle down to a "new normal" that means it would just be such a burden to travel that far to put up with all the unfun faff. For the moment everything is still booked, but who knows :(

Ugh. We're certainly not going to make a game call on it until the end of summer at the earliest but my hope is beginning to fade...

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Re November/Florida.

For what it's worth, me and the wife have all but postponed our trip until November next year. Whether that makes you more or less likely to want to commit to going this year is up to you, but I thought I'd let you know. ?
The deadline for paying for our park tickets expires at midnight tonight and yeah nah yeah, we ain't gonna.
I mean, I personally think there's a chance things will be normal-ish by then... but it is still only a chance. There's also a chance it could spike again, and there's definitely a chance that distancing/masks/reduced capacities will still be in place. Lot of money to fork out for a holiday that still has the potential to be gross.
So yeah, Florida 2021 looks like it will be a thing now instead.
And also, delaying til 2021 means you have the added bonuses of the Jurassic coaster, Tron lightcycle and (maybe) the Seaworld B&M too.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
There’s about 7 weeks until the (possible) Flamingoland Live. I’m thinking the best thing is to scrap it. I still think it’s the “wrong” message to encourage a gathering of multiple people from different households, even if we’re all masked up, feeling fine, socially distanced etc. However, it’s the right message that people should go to parks if they feel safe to do so, albeit in smaller groups.

Before I completely banish this Live, is there anybody who can make a positive, solid argument for it to go ahead?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'll be honest, it was highly unlikely I'd have made this one anyway, but without the new cred operating I definitely wouldn't.

And yes, probably do agree about the Covid limitations too.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ok, not going to beat around the bush anymore - canceling Flamingoland.

If, and it's incredibly unlikely, that Government advice drastically changes by October, we may consider a last minute UK park visit, most probably to Alton or Thorpe, very late in the season. However, the consensus amongst the team - and most goon groups at large - is to scrap all orgnaised meet-up plans this year. It's nearly August so there's only a few months until the closed season (depressing, or what?!) so it's probably best to head out and get your fix whilst you can.

I think it became quite clear in early April that most 2020 plans were going to be postponed. At least by April 2021, we will be in a more predicable position and familair with how we can enjoy goonery with this ****ing virus. We're not going to be too hasty to outline a Live schedule for 2021, but if it's manageable and safe to do so, we plan to smash as many creds as we can!

Matt N

CF Legend
A vaccine being identified by the end of the year is looking more and more hopeful, so I think you guys should be good to go for lives next year. At very least, the latter half of the year should be OK. All depends what happens with vaccines & general social distancing rules.

If Lives are allowed to feasibly go ahead, then you could basically just repeat the schedule intended for this year, because as far as I’m aware, none of the planned Lives have gone ahead so far this year!

Definitely a good call on cancelling all of this year’s, however.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It’s too early to say what the line up for next year might be, but it’s unlikely to look exactly the same. For example, drop Alton and Liseberg for Gronalund due to the new Invert hopefully opening. Poland could be spited in favour of Belgium’s new stuff.

Please do feel free to mention where you’d like to go, and we’ll see what happens.

Bentleya

Mega Poster
I would also wait to see what air travel is going to be doing before making too many plans.

Belgium + Phantasialand for F.L.Y.are high on my lists and can all be done by driving from the UK.

I’d be tempted to leave Poland till the mine train opens at Energylandia in 2021.

Peet

Giga Poster
Poland could be spited in favour of Belgium’s new stuff.

Please do feel free to mention where you’d like to go, and we’ll see what happens.
I'd definitely be interested in doing both Poland and Belgium.

Snoo

The Legend
It’s too early to say what the line up for next year might be, but it’s unlikely to look exactly the same. For example, drop Alton and Liseberg for Gronalund due to the new Invert hopefully opening. Poland could be spited in favour of Belgium’s new stuff.

I will say from the USA side, many of the Lives from this year will just move to next year. As our situation is.. interesting.. many of the park/ride openings we really wanted to hit this year won't be open until next year. Just makes sense to move it back. They may be SLIGHTLY adjusted, but for the most part you may see "repeats".

Will

Strata Poster
^
I've certainly not given up hope on America 2020 simply becoming America 2021, but like most people life and financial situation are VERY unpredictable at present, so will have to see.

For one thing, the bastard airline haven't given me a refund - only a voucher to rebook.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Welp. With the latest news regarding Iron Gwazi's delayed opening to 2021, numerous companies pulling out of IAAPA, and the general state of the pandemic in the US (and particularly Florida), we've sadly decided to cancel the last US Live in November. It's been a sad development for all of the planned Lives this year, but we'll do our best to make sure that the 2021 calendar is the most exciting yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.