What's new

Rupert

Mega Poster
Can we rule out VR? (please)

And although Clark rules out refurbing the trains, could they simply be new ones? Like Peet says above though, there isn’t anything wrong with the current trains and they give pretty good freedom on the swooping overbanks, so I wouldn’t have thought they’d be necessary.

Not sure what else would require plans of the trains though, unless it’s a complete red herring.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Could they put Taron trains on it? Not sure why they'd be showing a picture of the current trains if that was true though.

Edit after seeing more of the photo: Does that say something like all noses to be steel furnished/finished?

Maybe it's a merchandise pack of MF concept art?

Last edited:

Gazza

Giga Poster
This is a crazy idea ive had for a little while (since my last visit to CP), but does anyone think it's possible to do an RMC style renovation on MF? In other words changing some parts of the ride and remarketing it.

Obviously it's a lot more involved because you can't readily recycle footers and a wooden supports structure (or maybe you can in some cases)

Im talking potentially stuff like sharpening up the airtime hills to make them more like a modern coaster, or even doing crazier elements like steel dolphin at Haichang.
It could also involve a full blown redo of the final section of the ride, which does carry a lot of speed but is otherwise fairly drawn out.

Or I could simply be a single element, marketed like hades 360 was.

Anyway I know that's full-on crackpot since it probably works out to be a fairly expensive way of renovating a coaster.

This is a crazy idea ive had for a little while (since my last visit to CP), but does anyone think it's possible to do an RMC style renovation on MF? In other words changing some parts of the ride and remarketing it.

Obviously it's a lot more involved because you can't readily recycle footers and a wooden supports structure (or maybe you can in some cases)

Im talking potentially stuff like sharpening up the airtime hills to make them more like a modern coaster, or even doing crazier elements like steel dolphin at Haichang.
It could also involve a full blown redo of the final section of the ride, which does carry a lot of speed but is otherwise fairly drawn out.

Or I could simply be a single element, marketed like hades 360 was.

Anyway I know that's full-on crackpot since it probably works out to be a fairly expensive way of renovating a coaster.
It definitely isn't impossible and I think Intamin would be more incredible to do this to improve the ride experience. However, I do agree with @SilverArrow and I think some Taron-type trains would be incredible. I'd like Cedar Point to continue the more themed route and refurbish the station, give the ride the full Millennium futuristic theme and also... NO VR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Based on Tony's cryptic replies, it sounds like the current trains will continue to be in service and that there won't be any refurbishments or appearance changes aside from the typical (read: generous) amount of TLC the rolling stock receives every off season. Guests who attended Winter Chill-out this past winter shared photos of lighting that was added to some of the cars on display, although it wasn't clear whether this was a permanent addition or something temporary to jazz up the maintenance shop for the event. Latest and most likely rumors are suggesting that a car or two may run backwards this season. I've also seen suggestions that this could just be a merchandise package for the ride's 20th anniversary, which would be awesome as well (I'd love a blueprint poster to match my Thunderbird one).

Even though Tony Clark stated in a reply that they don't plan on celebrating Millennium Force's 20th anniversary, it is clear that the park is continuing to take great care of its baby.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Cedar Fair removed all backwards trains from the Paramount Parks, I don't see them suddenly adding a backward row to Millennium Force.
Also the idea of having to do a lift evacuation facing backwards...say...250 feet up, I don't know. Seems very un-Cedar Fair to me.
Hell, they wont even do Gemini backwards.....

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
As we have a few Cedar Point threads floating around, all gravitating towards CP plans for 2020/rescheduled anniversary plans for 2021 - I am merging them all under one roof.

Maybe Cedar Point is adding that trim they always planned for headed into the final MF overbank?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
What would be the point of trimming that last straight-away? If the ride is trimmed, trains are going to take forever to clear the final brake run, thus slowing down operations even more so.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
To actually unpack this with some objectivity - Cedar Point has already made it a point to add some TLC to rides as part of the 150th anniversary homage in honoring park history, and has made it a point that more ride work would be done:

Corkscrew repaint to original livery:

Mine Ride station paint job, new tunnel theme under the brake run:

And given MF's 20th birthday this year - would expect something along the lines of new livery on the trains. And, if this was something that had to be done during MF's off-season rehab, could be the case that the wrap was applied before all things Covid-19, which is why they could be proceeding. That, and also the fact that they've scrapped all 150th anniversary plans this year. :p