What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Dar

Hyper Poster
That's a really cool looking support! I wonder why they've done it that way? I guess because of the lake, either way it's cool seeing bespoke structures and observing the evolution of not just the tracks but the supports too

Matt N

CF Legend
Interestingly, the ride still doesn’t seem to have been added to RCDB. Is Duane waiting for park confirmation just to be sure, or does he still think it could be something else? Or is he just busy?

As for the coaster itself, it’s looking phenomenal! I’m hoping I can get on it next year, so if I can, I’ll be intrigued to see how it compares to Icon and Cheetah Hunt, the other multi-launch coasters of this style I’ve done!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Interestingly, the ride still doesn’t seem to have been added to RCDB. Is Duane waiting for park confirmation just to be sure, or does he still think it could be something else? Or is he just busy?
This one. He usually doesn't bother putting stuff up until it's formally announced.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I wonder if they'll plant plenty of trees around the coaster once it has been built. It would be a shame to lose all of the dense foliage that was in the area before.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
That twisting drop into a trench leading to the second launch section is giving me strong Taron vibes and I am living for it!

This coaster has the potential to become as good and iconic as Hulk was when the park opened, and it looks like it will please both GP and enthusiasts alike. Win-win if you ask me!

Last edited:

VonRolland

Hyper Poster

As for the coaster itself, it’s looking phenomenal! I’m hoping I can get on it next year, so if I can, I’ll be intrigued to see how it compares to Icon and Cheetah Hunt, the other multi-launch coasters of this style I’ve done!
He's too busy counting Ghost Train's as creds...

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
There's only supposed to be three inversions.
And you heard that from where? The layout seems like it will 5 inversions; a tilted immelmann, a dive loop, a heartline roll, a zero-g stall and another heartline roll. Don't think we've had any official statement as to how many inversions this will actually have.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
And you heard that from where? The layout seems like it will 5 inversions; a tilted immelmann, a dive loop, a heartline roll, a zero-g stall and another heartline roll. Don't think we've had any official statement as to how many inversions this will actually have.

Trusted insider on another forum. The tilted immelmann doesn't seem like it actually goes upside down, and we can already see the three inversions on the layout (dive loop, stall, heartline roll).

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I mean, I think that looks brilliant. How awesome!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I really love this coaster. It has the potential to be Universal's best, even Florida's best maybe?

However, I have some minor objections to that layout (I am really nit-picking here - I repeat, I LOVE the ride - we are enthusiasts, right?):
- The right-turn syndrome in the second half is obvious. I mean, of course the ride goes "right" pulling all kinds of tricks and banking at different angles, but I found it a bit uninspired.
- Personally, having ridden Taron, I would love to see some more fast directional changes. Those S-turns on Taron feel so right/wrong with plenty of airtime and they never get old. Sure some inversions are more marketable but besides the final roll and perhaps the first immelman, I would have focused on airtime and fast/aggressive transitions.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
You take that back! How dare you say that Taron's layout could be more "inspiring"?

(Of course, I am joking. I am not really mad, just surprised, since I think Taron is precisely the way most coasters should be relentless and unpredictable.)
I see his point though. I'll get hated for this but it does look like a glorified Rita, as someone once said.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
I really love this coaster. It has the potential to be Universal's best, even Florida's best maybe?

However, I have some minor objections to that layout (I am really nit-picking here - I repeat, I LOVE the ride - we are enthusiasts, right?):
- The right-turn syndrome in the second half is obvious. I mean, of course the ride goes "right" pulling all kinds of tricks and banking at different angles, but I found it a bit uninspired.
- Personally, having ridden Taron, I would love to see some more fast directional changes. Those S-turns on Taron feel so right/wrong with plenty of airtime and they never get old. Sure some inversions are more marketable but besides the final roll and perhaps the first immelman, I would have focused on airtime and fast/aggressive transitions.

The right turn syndrome is probably because of the space they had to work with. They're trying to fit this into as small of a space as possible. Hell, I'm shocked that it even goes towards Hogsmeade at all. You would think that JK would have shot it down for noise pollution.