What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Ethan

Strata Poster
I imagine without schedules, these things just take time. But yeah, this thing is way off. Was going to book a visit in late September but it's not looking good.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I imagine without schedules, these things just take time. But yeah, this thing is way off. Was going to book a visit in late September but it's not looking good.
I’m confident it will open this season. Otherwise I don’t think they would have released the marketing advert and given the newspapers out over the winter season if the area wasn’t going to open until 2021.

Winjas007

Roller Poster
Did you guys See Taron 3 month before opening? Also looked like a complete mess. I have a good feeling. Testing seems to run without problems, most of the big structures are in place and every big wall is themed. Paving paths, planting and decorating is always pretty quick. You already saw that at Taron.

Gesendet von meinem FIG-LX1 mit Tapatalk

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
So now it seems I was right about the hole in the wall (blue), that it wasn't just for theming but for a pathway (green).
IMG_20200309_232526.jpg
Besides that, it certainly opens this season. No doubt about that.

For some people it 'looks' like there is much theming missing and that there's too much left to do to finish it in time. However, the theming we talk about are probably all prefabricated pieces and they just have to be put together.

Also, construction has progressed quickly the last few months, so much can be done in the coming months as well. I trust we'll be walking through Rookburgh this season.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
That picture mightn't look like much. But in reality around the first launch as depicted in the model they unveiled last April all the large theming elements will be prefabricated. So just like the already existing towers, zeppelins, hotel room fronts, etc. The parts can be delivered and installed pretty quickly. All the Universal Rocks brick theming for the centre of the area, pits and walls around there is long finished but not visible in those pictures; once the industrial structures and small buildings on top are added I imagine it will look like its all coming together.

It's industrial and steampunk. Not the wooden buildings and rockwork mountains of Klugheim which are were all assembled and handcrafted on site and therefore took much longer.
Unless some kind of major delay/issue crops up between now and then it is 100% opening this summer no need to worry people. I imagine before the end of April we'll have an opening announcement/the hotel opens bookings.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Black Mamba looked equally completely unfinished six weeks before it opened and the park turned it around.

No doubt this can still comfortably be ready for summer (assuming coronavirus doesn't cause issues).