What's new

Tidal Wave at Six Flags St. Louis Removal

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I am excited to see what will happen, but I'm not getting all my hopes up because some thought that Splashwater Falls at Six Flags Over Georgia would be replaced by a coaster for 2020, but it didn't happen yet so I'm kinda cautious about this one too
Splashwater Falls no longer shows up on Six Flags Over Georgia's website, the trough is drained, and no boats are on the track. I think it's safe to say that it's gone as well, although Tidal Wave is seeming to have a speedier demolition. Here's the pictures I took of the site during my October 12 visit to Six Flags Over Georgia this year:
image2.jpg

image1.jpg

Adding my thoughts to this removal, I could very well see Six Flags St. Louis opening a coaster in 2021 in the form of an RMC Raptor or S&S Free Spin. Perhaps they could have bought that $400,000 discounted RMC Raptor with a spring 2021 opening advertised at IAAPA 2019?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
What is Six Flags up to removing all these high-capactiy water rides from their parks?

Unless they have a worthy substitute, it's a shame since they are simple, reliable and quite popular with the GP.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
What is Six Flags up to removing all these high-capactiy water rides from their parks?

Unless they have a worthy substitute, it's a shame since they are simple, reliable and quite popular with the GP.
I was informed that shoot the chutes water rides (and water rides at amusement parks in general) are becoming very maintenance heavy for the parks that still have them. Another contributing factor is that almost all parks with shoot-the-chutes rides have water parks as well; why should one go on a water ride when they can visit the adjacent water park filled with splash-inducing attractions?