Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

spicy

Giga Poster
New track type from Intamin?

8bfcb359c35d9ff00b72edffab850e39.jpg

Credit: @Bioreconstruct

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Why does that make it bad? With new regulations requiring less structure, what's wrong with designing a new track style that's easier and cheaper to manufacture?

Maybe it's better in every single way?

Remember that with the new international regulations, they require less structure. All the coasters built beforehand were actually using far more material than needed. Even the standard truss design has far fewer and re-designed cross ties, as evidenced in Taiga and Taron, for example.

B&Ms are hollow, but very thin material, so they look much sturdier than they actually are. RMC IBox track weighs less than traditional wooden track because of how thin the material is, also partially due to a narrower profile.

UP87

Mega Poster
If you look at Hyperion* it seems to have quite a rattle after only about a year. Let's hope it's not due to the track.

* I didn't get to ride it by now but this shows up in several reports.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It all depends on your perspective. If your eye is for aesthetics, this new track style is inferior. If you look at it from a business and/or manufacturing perspective, this track is better in pretty much every way.

Matt N

CF Legend
I think this coaster could be really great when it opens; I think a lot of people will be surprised by it! I know that the only similarity between the two is that they're both Intamin double-launch coasters and both presumably have a top hat, but I could see this turning out quite similarly to Taiga at Linnanmäki. From the renderings that have been made, some of the elements seem quite similar, and this coaster also seems to have little hype surrounding it in the same way that Taiga did. I think with Taiga, a lot of people had quite low expectations that were massively exceeded when it opened and people got on it.

One thing's for sure, though; with this, Hagrid's and Hulk, IOA will have a pretty solid coaster selection in 2021! If anything, I can only see the new additions since I last visited boosting IOA's position among my favourite theme parks when I eventually revisit, and I'd say it's already my favourite theme park!

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I can only see the new additions since I last visited boosting IOA's position among my favourite theme parks when I eventually revisit, and I'd say it's already my favourite theme park!
Erm, how can it boost its position if it's already your favourite? There's nowhere for it to be boosted to! ;)

It's also my favourite park btw, but not really because of the coaster selection (I visited for the first time while Hagrids was being built) so by the time I visit again it should be an amazing theme park with some awesome coasters too :)

Matt N

CF Legend
Erm, how can it boost its position if it's already your favourite? There's nowhere for it to be boosted to! ;)

It's also my favourite park btw, but not really because of the coaster selection (I visited for the first time while Hagrids was being built) so by the time I visit again it should be an amazing theme park with some awesome coasters too :)
What I mean is that its lead would probably extend if I was to revisit; at the moment, I'd say my top 3 parks are all quite close (IOA at #1, USF at #2 and Alton Towers at #3).

I completely agree that it's not the coaster selection that makes IOA, as the stunning theming, wonderful atmosphere and the greatness of their other rides really add to it, but having some awesome coasters as well can only add to it, surely?

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster