What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like they switched around the pre- and post-MCBR parts of a conventional coaster layout. Meandering in the beginning, then a series of big inversions after the halfway point. Usually it's the other way around.

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
I'm still worried about the 4 car trains, but hopefully they will have multiple trains running at a time. It appears as if there is both a load and unload station, so, that should help as well.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I'm still worried about the 4 car trains, but hopefully they will have multiple trains running at a time. It appears as if there is both a load and unload station, so, that should help as well.

From my experience visiting EL 4 times, I found the operations to be very decent. Though on my last visit ride ops tended to staple you, especially on Hyperion.

I'm not very worried about the lines. Especially off-season where everything was walk-on at times.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
From my experience visiting EL 4 times, I found the operations to be very decent. Though on my last visit ride ops tended to staple you, especially on Hyperion.

I'm not very worried about the lines. Especially off-season where everything was walk-on at times.

I thought the operations at energylandia were terrible. One train on Hyperion and Zadra the whole time and advertising 0 min queues when it actually took 30-40 mins to get on. The single rider lines and locker systems at EL are a complete mess too. Personally thought the park needs improving on the operations and management side of things. At least formula put a second train on when it got busy, so I can see this coaster running 2 trains at once.

pvnks

Mega Poster
I thought the operations at energylandia were terrible. One train on Hyperion and Zadra the whole time and advertising 0 min queues when it actually took 30-40 mins to get on. The single rider lines and locker systems at EL are a complete mess too. Personally thought the park needs improving on the operations and management side of things. At least formula put a second train on when it got busy, so I can see this coaster running 2 trains at once.
I do adore the park but the queue-line designs were challenging my sanity and the soles of my feet.

I fully expect to see Eliud Kipchoge in his running shorts at rope-drop to beat his time of 1:59 come the opening of Aqualantis.

Not one for running though, I better take up race-walking ready for 2020.
b9455906ce54e9d745562e9f2b2dc2b2.gif

i.d.b

Roller Poster
I thought the operations at energylandia were terrible. One train on Hyperion and Zadra the whole time and advertising 0 min queues when it actually took 30-40 mins to get on.
Visited recently. Having a no re-ride policy on Hyperion and Zadra, resulting in having to walk the never-ending queueline coupled with not dispatching a train until it was completely full tested the patience! The park has a massive problem with staff issuing their mobile phones. All six ride staff on Zadra seem more interested in playing on their phones once a train has dispatched (although the staff member at the back of the station also did have a book incase he wanted to go old school)

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
That's a really weird layout with some seriously odd pacing.

The section after the first launch almost feels like some sort of family friendly launched coaster, along the lines of something like Juvilen. Then, suddenly, you get launch number two, where it seems to become an insane multi-looper designed to scare the hell out of the casual visitor. I honestly have no idea how that's going to feel to ride.

It looks like it'll be a lot of fun, though, and if they're planning on building this over water, I'm sure it'll look amazing too.

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
I like the approach to the pacing if it is a bit like Taron (obviously not as fast), with the much faster second launch and thus second part being more intense. If Icon had that I would rate it much more. The second launch hardly seems to do anything on there. The only thing that is strange in the Shockwave design, is that there is no inversion in the first section. Might have been a good hang time opportunity.

pawel98123

Mega Poster
New zone - Aqualantis in 2020

Attractions:
- double launch coaster ( it will be called "Abyssus" )
-disco coaster
-slow boat ride
-whirpool water fight
-big restaurant
-aquajump (water jump shows)

Mine train is a secret for now ;) (But it will be in 2020 too)

The new zone will be the beginning of a new quality in thematization. Energylandia begins cooperation with Jora Vision, they will also design new attractions.

The park has 200 hectares of land, Marek Goczał - the park owner admitted at the conference that they would speed up the plans because they received another large grant and changed the bank.
So the development stages that were once introduced will change, the water park, hotel and carp museum will be built as one stage and not as planned separated.

In season 2020 park will be opened in winter, there will be Santa Claus Village, Christmas market and other attractions.

2SUfZOc.jpg

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Sound good. Will the Aqualantis area open in April 2020 or later? There seems to be a time line shown in that video around the 27 min mark but it is hard to make out.

edit - actually the timeline seems to be off the stuff that is already at the park if I'm not mistaken. Fricken 360p.

RCDB doesn't seem to count those "Disco coasters" so officially I guess the number of coaster additions will stick with 2 with the tilt coaster coming perhaps in the following year.

Last edited:

pawel98123

Mega Poster
Sound good. Will the Aqualantis area open in April 2020 or later? There seems to be a time line shown in that video around the 27 min mark but it is hard to make out.

edit - actually the timeline seems to be off the stuff that is already at the park if I'm not mistaken. Fricken 360p.

Actually we don't know, park don't want to throw the dates because of complications in the past (speed, Zadra) but yeah... Maybe April, who knows ;)

This is an interview with Mr. Goczał in Polish, so in Shortcut, the most interesting things
- propably the park will be "all-year park" in 2023/24
- Energylandia still has to implement 4 projects co-financed with UE funds and they will try to get 5th grant in 2020.
- the hotel is postponed year after year because they decided not to build only a hotel but the hotel with indoor water park and this carp museum.
- in the "old" part of the park there will be a few changes in theme and communication in the future, all new zones on the other site of the street will be much better communicated and themed.

Some visualizations ;)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
9.jpg

Last edited: