What's new

Andreas Andersen Leaves Liseberg For Tivoli Gardens (PLOT TWIST)

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
This came as quite a shock to me, but apparently Liseberg's CEO is packing up his things and moving back to Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen for a leading position, responsible for guest experiences and daily operations.

I'm very ambivalent about this. On the one hand, this might mean that Andreas can turn Tivoli away from fairly mediocre additions and really push for more world-class attractions. On the other hand, Liseberg is loosing arguably one of the best CEO's in the business...

Source is in Danish: https://borsen.dk/nyheder/virksomhe...k_til_danmarks_stoerste_turistattraktion.html

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That's depressing. He really shaped Liseberg into a world-class park. I hope for the best for Andreas, Liseberg, and Tivoli Gardens.

Pear

Strata Poster
Sad news, but I wish him all the best. Let's hope Liseberg can find a CEO as good as he was. Pontus would be a great replacement IMO!

I honestly don't know where Tivoli even has room to put major thrill rides in. The park is already extremely land locked, but so is Liseberg so who knows.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Andreas used to work in Tivoli! he was responsible for Daemenon, so it'll be interesting to see what he brings to the park, now he has liseberg experience.

Lofty

CF Legend
Wow. That's genuinely shocking - interesting that he's leaving as CEO for such a different role. Incredibly interesting news.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
And he's back!
In a surprising twist, Liseberg has now found their new CEO and it appears to be Andreas Andersen!

From the article linked below: "‘The main reason for my departure earlier this year was to find a more sustainable arrangement around my family-logistics,’ says Andersen. ‘This has been resolved with a more flexible contract. I look very much forward to returning to Liseberg – and to complete the many exciting projects we have initiated over the last few years.’"

I'm quite happy about this!

Source: http://amusementtoday.com/2019/09/a...sen-returns-to-liseberg-as-ceo-and-president/

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
More like laughs in Danish. This is so random.
To be honest, he has a much bigger "sandbox" to "play" in, in Liseberg and I'd rather see what he does there in the future than at Tivoli.
Tivoli is crazy restricted and rides are just a part of their product. So compared to Liseberg, there really isn't a whole lot to work with I think.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Ahh damn. I was kind of looking forward to seeing what he could achieve at Tivoli. Still, he is obviously passionate about Liseberg so it's a win/win really!