What's new

Paultons Park | Tornado Springs | New Area | 2021

TomsTown

Roller Poster
Apologies if this has already been posted but found this little article about the Zamperla Discovery Revolution. Also shows some more concept artwork for the themeing, Looks nice

GregBoxall

Roller Poster
Apologies if this has already been posted but found this little article about the Zamperla Discovery Revolution. Also shows some more concept artwork for the themeing, Looks nice

It's interesting that the ride is capable of rotating 360 degrees but will come with "A programme that provides a slightly less extreme ride." Being a family park I doubt we'll see the full rotation of the ride, I'm guessing it will be like more Drayton Manors Maelstrom than Axis at Adventure Island.

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
I think they’ve bought this model as it can be flexible with catering for the future. It will give them the option to turn it into an intense ride if they develop the area behind TS into a thrill area. I think this has all been thought through as they’ve placed Cyclonator on the edge of the area with a path from it leading into a potential new area. Hopefully they opt to push the thrill market to keep the same guests coming back just like they did with PPW

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think what would be cool if they ran the ride at certain times of the day with the 360 setting, and the other times of the day without. Then people can essentially choose whether they want to ride it inverting or not, and the park can therefore see which cycle will prove more popular with the guests.

Yeldoow

Roller Poster
"As well as the full, adrenaline pumping 360 degree experience, the Discovery Revolution also offers a progamme that provides a slightly less extreme ride, which sees the gondola swinging and rotating but does not include the full 360 degree element."

Makes it sound like it will do both, and doesn't explicitly state how Paultons plan to run it.

"As well as the full, adrenaline pumping 360 degree experience, the Discovery Revolution also offers a progamme that provides a slightly less extreme ride, which sees the gondola swinging and rotating but does not include the full 360 degree element."

Makes it sound like it will do both, and doesn't explicitly state how Paultons plan to run it.
Yh there was mention of the 360 rotation and they can also do non inverting cycles so... I'd personally like them to do Cyclonator Extreme on selected nights (Halloween, Late Summer Events, etc.)

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
The one problem they will need to address is that the different settings will likely carry different height restrictions so any changes in operations might be complicated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Huh, I hadn't noticed they were adding a Discovery to the area. I'm actually hoping they'll run it in non-inverting mode, and that it has some of the nice, floaty airtime that you get on the bigger versions. It doesn't need to be stupidly intense, it just needs to manage to nail the fun factor.

As burdenous as the drive down south is going to be for this, I'm actually looking forward to going back to Paultons. The couple of times I've been with CF, I've had really great days there, and this whole area just seems to embody the best things about the park: well put together environments, attention to detail, and rides that appeal to people of all ages. Great stuff.

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
I see what you mean and your point is valid but I do still hope they use both modes otherwise it would be a bit of a waste. I think the intense mode should be for special events like when it’s dark. I think Paultons are going to do night events in the future as they’re installing permanent lighting in areas despite it never getting that dark with their usual hours of operation.

melchi

Roller Poster
Gulliver's have at least 1 ride in the Milton Keynes (jousting castle) that runs a dual mode both with different height restrictions, it just has 2 queue lines and basically runs like separate rides. They just operate it on alternate modes filling from the appropriate queue.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I think they’ve bought this model as it can be flexible with catering for the future. It will give them the option to turn it into an intense ride if they develop the area behind TS into a thrill area. I think this has all been thought through as they’ve placed Cyclonator on the edge of the area with a path from it leading into a potential new area. Hopefully they opt to push the thrill market to keep the same guests coming back just like they did with PPW
If I may ask, does PPW stand for "Peppa Pig World"? If so, that doesn't really sound appealing to a thrillseeker market. However, I'm very certain that you know more about this than I do, as I'm on the other side of the pond - so to speak - from Paulton's Park.

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
If I may ask, does PPW stand for "Peppa Pig World"? If so, that doesn't really sound appealing to a thrillseeker market. However, I'm very certain that you know more about this than I do, as I'm on the other side of the pond - so to speak - from Paulton's Park.

Yes PPW stands for Peppa Pig World. The area was built in 2011 and the park built Lost Kingdom in 2016 to keep the same guests coming back. Therefore I think TS will be trying to do the same thing, as if you were 3 in 2011 you would be turning 12 next year and would be looking for something more intense than the park’s current offering.

Why? Either the restraints can secure you properly, or they can't.

Often I find that height restrictions in the UK aren’t based on safety, more on thrill level. Although Paultons have always kept low height restrictions to try and keep their rides accessible for all

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Yes PPW stands for Peppa Pig World. The area was built in 2011 and the park built Lost Kingdom in 2016 to keep the same guests coming back. Therefore I think TS will be trying to do the same thing, as if you were 3 in 2011 you would be turning 12 next year and would be looking for something more intense than the park’s current offering.

You see, I feel like this is what they're doing, or at least trying to do. I wonder how well that's working.

When I visited last month, Peppa Pig World was rammed. All rides had queues, the pathways packed, food places busy, etc. The rest of the park...not so much. Some rides walk-on and, if not, had a minimal queue. It was like visiting two completely different parks.

I hope they're able to make it work, but I wonder if the public view the park as 'Peppa Pig World, featuring Paultons Park' and not the other way round. Because if so, it'll be hard to shake that off and get those 8-12 year olds wanting to visit.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
You see, I feel like this is what they're doing, or at least trying to do. I wonder how well that's working.

When I visited last month, Peppa Pig World was rammed. All rides had queues, the pathways packed, food places busy, etc. The rest of the park...not so much. Some rides walk-on and, if not, had a minimal queue. It was like visiting two completely different parks.

I hope they're able to make it work, but I wonder if the public view the park as 'Peppa Pig World, featuring Paultons Park' and not the other way round. Because if so, it'll be hard to shake that off and get those 8-12 year olds wanting to visit.
I can see that, it's not hard to notice the gulf in theming quality between PPW and LK with the rest of the park. PPW and LK aren't exactly Phantasialand, but the rest of the park is a cross between country garden (well, it IS a country garden) and a county fair. I'd imagine the painted facade 'main street' area will be one of the next areas to get replaced with something up to their new standards.

Let's see how TS turns out...

I can see that, it's not hard to notice the gulf in theming quality between PPW and LK with the rest of the park. PPW and LK aren't exactly Phantasialand, but the rest of the park is a cross between country garden (well, it IS a country garden) and a county fair. I'd imagine the painted facade 'main street' area will be one of the next areas to get replaced with something up to their new standards.

Let's see how TS turns out...
Tbf I thought that the Cobra/Edge area is next to be changed up. Remove Go Karts, get a coaster on there that is compact and abracadabra...New Area!

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Cobra could go for an Indian jungle theme quite cheaply, just fill the area with foliage, make the station into some sort of Indian temple and job's a goodun. The name Cobra would still fit the theme.

Wrap the area with a rapids ride...

I'll put the crayons away now. I've been playing too much PC this week.