What's new

Window Of The World | Unknown | S&S Launched Coaster | 202?

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Wonder how this will compare to the new S&S coasters being built in the States... (even more to Maxx force)

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The trains have arrived on site. There are indeed the ones seen in some shots from IAAPA time. No surprises there though.

Some short gif animations on the following page give some hints to the layout as well with a Zero-G-Roll and a Top Hat shown
https://goo.gl/hkVCDu

SSCar1.JPG SSCar2.JPG

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
IAAPA posted the layout of the coaster on their website a few months ago

1574018084563.png

S&S Worldwide Inc. | Changsha Window of the World
Changsha, Hunan, China

The exhilarating velocity of a compressed-air-launch roller coaster from S&S Worldwide Inc. is astonishingly fast. The company’s not-yet-named coaster at Changsha Window of the World in Hunan, China, is currently under construction. The ride’s anticipated launch will make any wait worthwhile. “The rate of speed going from zero to top speed is incredible. Then add this second-generation [launch] and now our third-generation trains, with their built-in suspension and open vehicles, and the ride experience is phenomenal,” says Jason Mons, chief operating officer of S&S Worldwide.

The ride will get the most out of its 830 meters of track because no track is used on a lift hill to propel trains to their top speed. The compressed-air-launch will blast the vehicles to 100 kph, and riders will then experience 10 elements, including a 40-meter top hat, a negative-G speed hill, three overbanked turns, two zero-G rolls, and a reversing dive loop.

“This air-launch coaster is the most compact that S&S Worldwide Inc. has done to date,” says Preston Perkes, executive director of administration at S&S Worldwide. “Fitting in the 10 different elements in such a small space was a challenge but creates a fast, action-packed experience from launch through the final brake run. Adding in the high-speed zero-G rolls makes this a must-ride experience.”

Zhen He, who works with the park’s international suppliers, believes there is significance to the new ride for Changsha Window of the World.

“This brand-new, air-launched roller coaster means a lot to our amusement park, even for the whole mid‑south region of China. We want to bring in this new technology and let the people enjoy it. It will be the milestone and landmark building in the capital city

Looks like there'll be 3 inversions and a few airtime moments as well. This ride is definitely more compact than their other layouts.

Last edited:

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
49385516493_cb20075ab3_k.jpg

I was here on the last day of 2019 and this claim didn't happen of course.

49385516698_fd919f5173_k.jpg

Bit more track up though.

49385983981_0ccd68d405_k.jpg

Strangely, the rest of the track lies dormant in a publicly accessible area.

49385984181_328e86ea93_k.jpg

So I took the opportunity to go in for a stroke and my fingerprints are on it now.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Sorry to bump the thread but has construction of this coaster stopped due to COVID, or have we just been unable to get updates? The air launcher that's just opened at Sun Tzu made me think of this coaster since it hasn't had any construction updates for months.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Sorry to bump the thread but has construction of this coaster stopped due to COVID, or have we just been unable to get updates? The air launcher that's just opened at Sun Tzu made me think of this coaster since it hasn't had any construction updates for months.
I'm keeping an eye on it. And construction is still on hold.

It seems almost all Western company projects are on hold due to the very strict entrance criteria for engineers from those companies during the pandemic. (tests before departure and on arrival and 2 weeks in a quarantine hotel uppon arrival)

The Mack rides in Xuzhou and Suzhou seem to be on hold for similar reasons with the Xuzhou one pretty much complete and just waiting for sign off. Seems the Intamin at Happy Valley Nanjing may have similar issues.

Heres a shot from a couple of weeks back
stopped.JPG