What's new

Will we ever see another huge 4D Coaster?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I doubt we'll see one again. The fact that China Dinosaur Park got one has to be one of the most bizarre theme park decisions. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's there, but it's such a weird fit for the park, not only for the size and complexity of it compared to everything else there, but also the costs involved.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I doubt we'll see one again. The fact that China Dinosaur Park got one has to be one of the most bizarre theme park decisions. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's there, but it's such a weird fit for the park, not only for the size and complexity of it compared to everything else there, but also the costs involved.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

And I think this is why although it's unlikely we won't see another one due to all the reasons discussed here, Another park could make a 'bizarre' decision to add one despite everything! especially in Asian parks, where left-field decisions are par for the course.

LooksSlow

Roller Poster
Yes, this will happen, or at least it is more likely to happen than another roller coaster being built over 100m tall. There is no ride like it, and it sets its parks apart from the rest. I understand why some might not like that it can slap you around a bit, but the GP just does not care. Some 17 years after it opened, people still wait in long lines for it.

Keep in mind that Arrow went bankrupt before X was finished, and things were a bit messy. Whether or not Six Flags ended up with a share of any of Arrow’s intellectual property, SF subsequently designed the trains for X2. It is the train design that keeps X2’s maintenance cost manageable and the ride still in operation. If there are any patents for the trains, Six Flags holds them for 20 years starting around 2008.

Speculating and without knowing details of the other trains in Asia other than they’re shorter and look like they have a newer design, Six Flags could have given approval for those rides, because they are not really competition like, say, Cedar Fair. I could see one of these going in next to Orion sometime around 2028 or sooner in Europe.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'll put a slap bet on a 100+ meter coaster getting built before another proper 4D (no free spins or Zac spins - proper bat **** Dinoconda type coasters only).