What's new

Best Element on an RMC?

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah the Zero-G Stall on Wildfire is definitely the best inversion ever, would I say best single element? I'd have to think about it, because that includes Skyrush and Eejanaika's drops, but it's up there.

Other than that the wave turns are amazing, so much better than I imagined, the weird half zero gs on Outlaw Run and Wicked Cyclone are amazing, the drops are amazing, the outward banked airtime hill on WC is divine, the drop off the cliff and Zero G on Iron Rattler are amazing. RMCs are really just, spectacular aren't they.

Lofty

CF Legend
Only done Wildfire. But, the Zero G Stall is incredible - I can't see it being much different on the other coasters, either.

VTCGA5

Roller Poster
I've only been on Goliath, so I can't speak for the other RMCS, but probably the zero-g-stall. Really decent hang time and you enter and exit it at quite a nice pace

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Outside wave turn on Wildfire.
^This guy. The stall possibly has more wow factor but that wave turn is the most intense part of the ride. Especially on the left side the yank you get feels amazing, plus you're sideways and looking out to the sea. Amazing coaster.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Have to admit I’m shocked by this thread. I thought immediate consensus would be that LR’s quad down is number one, obviously, so let’s discuss number two. Instead, the number one answer is a stall. And people’s number one RMC element is on Goliath. Didn’t see that coming.

Anyway, for me, I love the forceful drops, and I love the barrel-roll drops.

EDIT: I just noticed that much of this thread is three years old, so I’m sure that affected the discussion in terms of who had ridden what by then.

Pear

Strata Poster
3 come to mind:

1. LRod's quad down
2. SV's bit outward banked hill
3. Wildfire's outward wave turn thing

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I'll go with the wave turn. It's just such a unique feeling.
Stalls are of course awesome, though I haven't done Goliath or Wildfire which seem to have the best ones, but I gotta give some kudos to the outside banked turns on Steel Vengeance. It's just such a strange element to have it turned outside like that, and the airtime is near perfect. It's extreme but (for me at least) not pressing me against the restraints with max force, so it's extreme but comfy and last foe seconds.

Torpaalle

Roller Poster
^This guy. The stall possibly has more wow factor but that wave turn is the most intense part of the ride. Especially on the left side the yank you get feels amazing, plus you're sideways and looking out to the sea. Amazing coaster.
Yes! That outside wave turn is the most crazy moment of airtime i have experienced .

Hutch

Strata Poster
It's Airtime! No contest.
I mean, you're not wrong, but that's a pretty generalized statement. Just about every element on an RMC has some sort of airtime. ;)

For me it's easily the quad down. It's the best moment on any coaster I've done, period.

jay37415

Mega Poster
My top two are :
  • 90 degree outside banked tophat on Lightning Rod. Mainly because its a blind element and you can't see the track going through it.
  • not sure of the name but the reverse Cobra roll on Twisted Cyclone.

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
Only rode one RMC but the 270° Double Inverting Corner Stall (I get it right ?) on Untamed is fantastic ! It's tied with the double up/double down on it as well !

Alessio

Roller Poster
I would take the Wave Turn / Outward Bank on Wildfire, the 270 degree dics on Untamed and the huge outward Banked Top Hat on Steel Vengeance.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I gotta say, as much as Steel Vengeance's elements are fantastic, I gotta say; Twisted Timbers' Barrel roll downdrop is so good! Not that SV's first inversion isn't good...I just prefer TT's drop. SV's wave turn is fantastic as well! Can't get enough of either of those elements.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
1 - wildfire's "upside down airtime"
2 - Wildfire's "sideways airtime"
3- Wicked cyclone's zero g stall

and now I've got another RMC under my belt:
1 - wildfire's "upside down airtime"
2 - Wildfire's "sideways airtime"
3 - Untamed's double inverting stall
4- Wicked cyclone's zero g stall