What's new

Energylandia | Zadra | RMC I-Box

Dar

Hyper Poster
I've tried to stay on the bandwagon and toe the line, but I can't anymore! This looks pretty bland and samey tbh, a couple of bits looks fun but the rest just...doesn't.

I still don't get the point of the stalls, and some of the transitions look a bit naff.

I'm sure it'll ride different and one day I'll eat my words, but from the POV it just doesn't look good :(

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I've tried to stay on the bandwagon and toe the line, but I can't anymore! This looks pretty bland and samey tbh, a couple of bits looks fun but the rest just...doesn't.

I still don't get the point of the stalls, and some of the transitions look a bit naff.

I'm sure it'll ride different and one day I'll eat my words, but from the POV it just doesn't look good :(
Have you ridden many RMC’s?

Believe me I’m not being judgemental, as I’ve only done one, but if you’ve not ridden any then it’s impossible to understand, I didn’t.

cleverwittyusername

Roller Poster
I had never ridden an RMC and then I went on Twisted Timbers. You might look at that layout and think the three straight airtime hills are lame based on your thoughts about Zadra. But it’s one of my favorite set of elements on any coaster. You just can’t believe how amazing the airtime is and it rides so differently in the front and back.

Peet

Giga Poster

? Great joke, tell us another one

Dar

Hyper Poster
And another holier than thou enthusiast looking down on someone that doesn't parrot the party line.

I've not ridden an RMC yet, but just going off that pov it doesn't make me jizz my myself like everyone else? I'm not saying it's bad or a **** ride, just that it's not for me based on that pov. I even said it'll probably be a different story once I've ridden it, so we'll see

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
And another holier than thou enthusiast looking down on someone that doesn't parrot the party line.

I've not ridden an RMC yet, but just going off that pov it doesn't make me jizz my myself like everyone else? I'm not saying it's bad or a **** ride, just that it's not for me based on that pov. I even said it'll probably be a different story once I've ridden it, so we'll see
I would class myself as similar to you before I rode, although not to the same extent. I thought they looked great, and would ride similar to a woodie, with inversions. But I didn’t get the godlike hype. Then Untamed completely blew me away, they are completely on another level to anything else, and until you ride one you will never understand why. Get ya’sen out to Untamed :) If I’m wrong, blame me! But i won’t be ;)

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
I would class myself as similar to you before I rode, although not to the same extent. I thought they looked great, and would ride similar to a woodie, with inversions. But I didn’t get the godlike hype. Then Untamed completely blew me away, they are completely on another level to anything else, and until you ride one you will never understand why. Get ya’sen out to Untamed :) If I’m wrong, blame me! But i won’t be ;)
Same. Until I rode Untamed I thought RMCs looked great but will probably just be inversion overkill on a smooth-ish wooden coaster and would never be as exciting as a hyper, giga or Intamin launcher. Untamed really wow-ed me and made me a RMC convert. Untamed was instantly in the top 3 coasters I've ridden.
It baffles me no UK park has got one planned (yet). It would really transform certain parks if they got one (Lightwater Valley RMC-ing the Ultimate or Flamingo Land)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I thought a similar thing way back in 2011-2013 when @tomahawk was losing his mind over New Texas Giant and before I had ridden Goliath. Sure, the rides looked pretty darn good, but there's certainly no reason why everyone should be freaking out about it like they are, right? And then Goliath left me absolutely speechless after the first ride. There's just no way to adequately describe how nuts their rides are - you just have to ride one to see the light.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It baffles me no UK park has got one planned (yet). It would really transform certain parks if they got one (Lightwater Valley RMC-ing the Ultimate or Flamingo Land)
One word: Cost. Most UK parks appear to operate on economical margins that only allow shoestring budgets for new attractions. That means the bigger chains can get away with investing peanuts as well and still be top dog. Or in other words, there are only half a handful of parks in the UK with the budget to even dream about an RMC, and they don't need to build them. At any rate, many of the smaller parks are too family-oriented to even want an RMC.

Peet

Giga Poster
It doesn't help that we didn't have any woodies built in the UK for such a long time leaving us with a complete lack of mediocre woodies from the 90s and 00s to convert!

But my hope for the UK, Europe and I guess the rest of the World is that we get more and more ground-up RMCs.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
One word: Cost. Most UK parks appear to operate on economical margins that only allow shoestring budgets for new attractions. That means the bigger chains can get away with investing peanuts as well and still be top dog. Or in other words, there are only half a handful of parks in the UK with the budget to even dream about an RMC, and they don't need to build them. At any rate, many of the smaller parks are too family-oriented to even want an RMC.
Mingo land could have easily build one with the amount they spent on the third hand Intamin lopper

Lofty

CF Legend
Dar, I'm not acting like a holier than thou enthusiast - but the worst type of enthusiast is the one that slags off a POV of a video without riding anything even remotely similar. It's just an absolutely ignorant look on it and just resembles someone trying to be edgy and different by not following the masses.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I don't think it looks like he was trying to be edgy tbh. He says the POV hasn't wowed him, and that he's yet to ride an RMC so his opinions may change...

So what? I don't think it's that deep?

WhollyRudeTech

Roller Poster
Mingo land could have easily build one with the amount they spent on the third hand Intamin lopper

I don’t see the problem with it having previous owners, especially as I believe (and correct me if I am wrong) it hasn’t been constructed before.

ETA should have read the thread title before replying to off topic. Sorry :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
There’s a separate thread for mingo20 folks. :)

Dar, I'm not acting like a holier than thou enthusiast - but the worst type of enthusiast is the one that slags off a POV of a video without riding anything even remotely similar. It's just an absolutely ignorant look on it and just resembles someone trying to be edgy and different by not following the masses.

I don’t think he meant it like that. Though the tone of his message was a little too assertive. I think he meant that he struggles to get excited for RMC based off just the POVs, though I do see why it was taken the way it was taken :)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
According to the park's website, Zadra is around 209ft tall making it the world's tallest hybrid. This means Gwa2i must be between 205 and 209ft tall in height.

EDIT:-

Last edited: