What's new

Your Least Common Opinion?

astead04

Roller Poster
•SAW: The Ride is actually a really good ride with excellent theming, a great main drop and a surprising amount of ejector airtime and I have never found it to be as rough as people claim.
•The UK theme park community has become unable to appreciate just how great a park Alton Towers really is.
Oh and another one I forgot to mention that's a really spicy hot take:

The coaster community needs to stop defending and making excuses for the SeaWorld parks. Just because they built a couple of good coasters, doe
It's just that you go to parks like Efteling, Liseberg, Toverland, Phantasialand, Europa Park, Dollywood, Silver Dollar City, etc, and you feel like the parks are actually cared about. Alton is seeing relatively weak investment, awful operating hours, rising ticket and food prices, all round decreasing quality and all-in-all just a feeling of lack of love.

Then you go to parks like that that are some of their nation's best and you realise how far behind Alton is. And you know what the worst part is? Alton could (should) be as good. It's got the setting, the history, the rides (I mean, Nemesis?!!!), but it just falls so far short of it's rivals.

So yeah, I get the hate, actually...
I understand that tbh while adoring Alton Towers. What I don't understand is people claiming parks like Blackpool Pleasure Beach and the other Merlin parks are better, when there's no doubt imo that Alton Towers is the best Merlin park, tied with Gardaland obviously.

Alex B

Mega Poster
Corkscrew>rougarou
Magnum>steel force
El toro>steel vengeance
Batman>talon
(Raptor is easily my fav invert)
(Will be riding montu next month)
B&M vest > RMC restraints (****ty shin guards)

astead04

Roller Poster
Alton towers is overrated massively, the management don't care about the park or maintainence and it shows. Nemesis isn't that great. It's a 25 year old coaster that shows its age, rattles and shakes terribly as the train passes through the course, a painful experience no matter where I sat on the train.
The big one at Blackpool Pleasure Beach needs re tracked and new trains. Imagine if it ended up like phantoms revenge with actual airtime hills in the layout
Completely disagree. And plus imo Rita is Alton Towers's resident rattler. Rougher than Colossus at Thorpe Park tbh (I enjoy both though)

Hypercoaster_fan_uk

Roller Poster
Another unpopular opinion, Blackpool Pleasure beach is the best park in the UK. The history of the park and the historic rides such as the big dipper, grand national, steeplechase, gallopers and flying machines, and the amount of unique rides compared any other park in the UK just does it for me. Also admission prices are very cheap compared to other parks.

Peet

Giga Poster
I'm with you @astead04 , the constant Towers hate bores me so I rarely bother sticking up for AT but I agree with what you say.

In fact, here is something that appears to be an unusual opinion - Alton Towers is a better park now than it has ever been before. The ride line-up is one of the absolute best in Europe. In fact if I had never visited any park in Europe, and I could choose just 1 to visit, I would probably go with Alton Towers.

astead04

Roller Poster
Another unpopular opinion, Blackpool Pleasure beach is the best park in the UK. The history of the park and the historic rides such as the big dipper, grand national, steeplechase, gallopers and flying machines, and the amount of unique rides compared any other park in the UK just does it for me. Also admission prices are very cheap compared to other parks.
Why am I not surprised by this
I'm with you @astead04 , the constant Towers hate bores me so I rarely bother sticking up for AT but I agree with what you say.

In fact, here is something that appears to be an unusual opinion - Alton Towers is a better park now than it has ever been before. The ride line-up is one of the absolute best in Europe. In fact if I had never visited any park in Europe, and I could choose just 1 to visit, I would probably go with Alton Towers.
I really love Alton Towers but in the scenario you chose, I'd pick PortAventura World, Europa Park, Efteling or Phantasialand

astead04

Roller Poster
If you're only doing one visit you might have a hard time getting on all those amazing creds before 4pm... ;)
Okay that is more of a problem with management than the park itself.
If I had my way, it'd be open till 5pm usually and 7pm/8pm in summer months tbh.

Hypercoaster_fan_uk

Roller Poster
I do think 10 am till 4 pm are ridiculous hours for a park to run in peak season, we struggled to do the lot in one day, although we had all the credits anyway from a previous trip, I always try to ride everything at least once when I visit a park. I like to go to places that have rides nowhere else does, and alton towers has galactica which is a rare model in Europe, nearly cried when Bpb removed the wooden wild mouse, rare as hens teeth it was ?

astead04

Roller Poster

In fact, here is something that appears to be an unusual opinion - Alton Towers is a better park now than it has ever been before. The ride line-up is one of the absolute best in Europe.
Also a lot of people claim that Alton Towers has lost its magic, the last two investments have really shown Alton Towers at its best.

Expedition Coaster

Roller Poster
My Top 2 Woodies are both at Blackpool Pleasure Beach (1. Wild Mouse, 2. Grand National)

I prefer these to Wicker Man, Wodan and Troy.

Also the "Big two" Vekoma Motorbike Coasters in Europe are pretty rubbish.

Last edited:

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Heide Park is great. I feel like I see a lot more hate than love, while planning my Germany trip I was recommended to skip it and go only to Hansa, but I saw absolutely nothing wrong there. Okay, the staff aren't as excited to see you as say Hansa but that's only a problem if you're American, and there's a couple empty plots of land but the park has 2 spectacular coasters, an extremely re-rideable shorter one and a great supporting lineup as well. Food was great, operations were great. Rides kept open despite pouring rain. There are highly rated parks like the Efteling which are much worse to visit off season with half the rides closed for maintenance and only one food option on average.

Snoo

The Legend
Nah no thanks

giphy.gif

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Another unpopular opinion, Blackpool Pleasure beach is the best park in the UK. The history of the park and the historic rides such as the big dipper, grand national, steeplechase, gallopers and flying machines, and the amount of unique rides compared any other park in the UK just does it for me.
I don't think that's an uncommon opinion at all. I certainly agree with it - it's definitely not got the best coasters (far from it in fact) but the overall park is unique for this country and pretty special on an international level too. I'm pissed off that they removed the Wild Mouse and they really need to retrack the woodies and improve The Big One and Infusion, but it's still a brilliant park despite all that.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm apparently one of the few that thinks that Legend at Holiday World is an actual good ride.

*puts on fire suit*