What's new

Carowinds/RMC

Will843

Roller Poster
Not all up to speed much on Carowinds buzz, despite having season passes this year.

We spent Saturday Sunday and Monday at Carowinds. And in Harmony Hall, we noticed two guys wearing RMC employee shirts... might be something obvious im just not up to speed on. Any ideas?

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Also this is a brand new user whose first post just happens to mention that RMC employees just happened to be on site at a park that just happens to have a crappy woodie... ?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Haha, I wore an RMC button to Kennywood this weekend. While I was taking pictures of Sky Rocket with my DSLR a kid behind me just asked me, “is it true that you’re replacing this with a T-Rex? I saw you work for RMC.”

I wear RMC merch to parks because they’re my favorite manufacturer by far and yeah, I’ve been mistaken for an employee a few times, once by Tony Clark’s interns even. But I’m just a normal dude that happens to be a fan and I’m pretty sure those two RMC shirt guys you saw were no different. Kind of a shame, Hurler is so #RMCitorWreckit it’s not even funny.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Especially as there's so much precedent after Twisted TImbers...
One thing I noticed while I was there in May was how close the first turn is to the initial turn out of the station. I’m not sure if Kings Dominion extended that overbank our away from the structure or if that distance was just another difference in the two, but that turn that would be turned into an overbank is kind of sandwiched between the prelift and Drop Tower. So a complete clone would be out of the question and something would probably have to be redesigned to an extent.

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
Another difference between King's Dominion and Carowinds is that Hurler wasn't the only woodie at the former, so I would expect an RMC conversion of it to be down the priority list until the park can build a new GCI or GG coaster to replace it.

Pear

Strata Poster
One thing I noticed while I was there in May was how close the first turn is to the initial turn out of the station. I’m not sure if Kings Dominion extended that overbank our away from the structure or if that distance was just another difference in the two, but that turn that would be turned into an overbank is kind of sandwiched between the prelift and Drop Tower. So a complete clone would be out of the question and something would probably have to be redesigned to an extent.
The overbank on TT was entirely new structure and I believe they poured new footers for it as well.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Hurler is probably not going anywhere for the foreseeable future. It’s fairly popular due to its location next to Fury (in 2017 and 2018, it was the fourth most-ridden attraction at the park behind the large B&M’s), and the park has been doing continuous maintenance on it by replacing sections of the track every year.

I just wish they would take that stupid trim off the bottom of the first drop. The airtime is even stronger than Intimidator’s when it’s turned off. But unless it gets new trains, that trim will be turned up to 11 to prevent wear and tear.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Haha, I wore an RMC button to Kennywood this weekend. While I was taking pictures of Sky Rocket with my DSLR a kid behind me just asked me, “is it true that you’re replacing this with a T-Rex? I saw you work for RMC.”

I wear RMC merch to parks because they’re my favorite manufacturer by far and yeah, I’ve been mistaken for an employee a few times, once by Tony Clark’s interns even. But I’m just a normal dude that happens to be a fan and I’m pretty sure those two RMC shirt guys you saw were no different. Kind of a shame, Hurler is so #RMCitorWreckit it’s not even funny.
You should have tried convincing him that they were converting Fury into a woodie ?