What's new

Sea World Australia | Leviathan | Gravity Group | 2022

Gazza

Giga Poster
Much like all the Alton Towers people, I have been holding out for a modern woodie in Australia for a while too, so glad to see this happen. Yay!
I always had thought one should have gone in the Wild West Area at Movie World, but this is cool too.
Awesome layout, appropriately twisty with heaps of airtime, and 1km is a good length.

The park currently has a 30m star flyer from AK Rides that is literally just a temporary travelling ride they are renting, so a 52m one will be a welcome replacement and offer some spectacular views in what is a stunning location, with the pacific ocean, hinterland and skyline.

The top spin is a cheeky move. Dreamworld just unexpectedly retired their Vekoma Waikiki Wave (Wipeout) and it seems like Sea World have moved in for the kill to offer an alternative.
These three rides, coupled with Jet Rescue and Storm coaster make the park a viable destination for thrill seekers.

60952132_2239228042820017_6614671504707682304_n.jpg

60818430_2239228149486673_159408926666784768_n.jpg

60926199_2239228069486681_453957414459277312_n.jpg

Credit to https://www.facebook.com/ourworldsau/

Matt N

CF Legend

Going by this FB post, looks like the coaster is M&V rather than GG. Still looks good though and should be fantastic for the area.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think M&V have manufactured quite a few Gravity Group-designed coasters; I know they manufactured quite a few of Gravity Group’s Chinese coasters, for example.

In fact, I’m not sure if Gravity Group actually manufactures any of their coasters. I’ve noticed that they design them, but the actual manufacturing goes to either Gravitykraft or M&V.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think M&V have manufactured quite a few Gravity Group-designed coasters; I know they manufactured quite a few of Gravity Group’s Chinese coasters, for example.

In fact, I’m not sure if Gravity Group actually manufactures any of their coasters. I’ve noticed that they design them, but the actual manufacturing goes to either Gravitykraft or M&V.

I'm not sure on the relationships between the companies anyway. Believe GG tend to the smaller ones (e.g. Wood Express) while the larger ones tend to be M&V. Gravitykraft just manufacture the Timberliner trains I believe (although RCDB says Gravitykraft for whole of Cu Chullain). I feel a Q&A topic coming on to get a full answer here....