What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Are...we looking at the same element? The normal hill on the right will surely have ejector. The over bank on the left will definitely have floaty goodness. One of the design nuances that RMC has really become good at is subjecting you to tons of ejector air and then putting a stall or barrel roll or some floaty element in the perfect spot.

I believe I've said this before on the forums...we've all watched a lot of rides get converted by RMC: this one is going to be one of the best ones, I predict. All of you across the pond are in for a treat when you go ride this.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yet again, we have to remind you that a lot of the time you don't post as though it is an opinion. An opinion is "I would like to see", "I think that" etc., most of your comments are such direct terms that they're not opinion, they're fact. "IT HAD BETTER NOT BE", prime example.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Yesterday they started running/testing the lifthill chain.
http://instagr.am/p/Bx9INr_oHVn/
Screenshot_20190527-154245.jpg

But while Untamed has yet to start testing; Walibi Holland however are testing Lost Gravity with the last row turned around backwards...

Matt N

CF Legend
Doesn't look quite as ballistic as the likes of Steel Vengeance or Storm Chaser, but certainly still looks to keep its pacing quite well! Besides, there's nothing wrong with a fun and floaty coaster as Untamed looks to be; it may not be the most intense-looking RMC, but it should be a real crowd pleaser!

Also, might be worth noting that other RMCs looked slower during testing as @Expedition Coaster said; Hakugei, for example, seems to have sped up substantially!

Matt N

CF Legend
It. Was. The. First. Test. Run.

It does not look 'fun and floaty', it looks 'great and ejectory'...
Maybe fun and floaty was the wrong term to use; I agree that there looks to be some great ejector in parts of the ride, but I was partly referring to how some of the inversions (e.g. the double zero-g roll) look to provide some nice hangtime. As I said, despite not looking to be the most ballistically paced RMC out there, it certainly keeps a respectable amount of speed!

And indeed, it is only the first test run, so it could well gain speed!