What's new

Knightmare is now scrap metal, y'all can stop wondering

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I have no hope now that this will be saved. I wouldn't mind a bit of it that I can play around with while kalsarikanni.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Actually, it's suddenly become quite expensive to run furnaces based on steel scrap since the price of furnace electrodes shot up by 800% last year (because China has suddenly realised the way you make them is very polluting and closed all the plants).

Just in case anyone was in the slightest bit interested.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Old photo, been around a while, but it is good manners to quote your sources.
Knightmare is beyond economic repair due to years of neglect.
That is why it it still where it is, and all the stuff of real value was removed.

Lofty

CF Legend
The owner was also charging people around £700,000 for Knightmare, which is ****ing laughable. It's going to just rot, let's face it.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Just like it was categorically impossible for Gwazi to get the RMC treatment?

There may be life left in it yet, we will see. Schwarzkopfs are sturdy machines.

Lofty

CF Legend
No, it's not the same. The TRACK and supports are incredibly rusted and from close-up pictures are really quite damaged. It is not the same thing.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
To be honest, you can see it's beyond it from the M6. A shame, as I'd have loved to have ridden one day but it's gone.

Roller Poster
Its really not in as bad condition as people think, it was painted to look rusty. I dont live too far from camelot and the last time i went to look at knightmare (about 6 months ago) there was no sign of structural damage. I think one of the main reason someone hasn't bought it is because there is only one train left, so the capacity would be awful.

Roller Poster
There might even not be a train left, one was dropped of the back of a lorry and another was left in camelot and has been vandalised, i dont even know if there was a third.