What's new

Crazy Bats VR Coaster - Phantasialand

NightHawkFur

Roller Poster
If what people say at PhantaFriends is correct, there will be no more music, nor any theme to the ride if you decide to not wear a VR Headset.

If thats the case it'll be even worse than before. Congrats Phantasialand, didn't think that was quite possible, lol

Talk about rubbing salt into a 18 year old wound.

To bad I'll have to wait till winter season to visit the place again. But maybe there will be onride videos of the fantastic "non vr experience". Just a black screen with the glorious sounds of Vekoma '88, lmao

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Phantasialand is making it really obvious that they want to get rid of this turd of a ride. I am so ready for this VR trend to be over. It just kills capacity and adds nothing besides blurry graphics and subpar storylines.

Good riddance Temple. Welcome, whatever major new indoor attraction Phantasialand might have up their sleeves...

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Guys, I know you hate everything that is VR, but you can't deny that it is for sure something fun to do with the kids and family. As the Wuze part of PHL is more touching those aspects, you can not say it's a bad addition.
The real target of Phantasialand is in fact super excited for this addition, and I think you guys should just get over the fact that Phantasialand doesn't give a **** about the ''enthousiasts" you call yourselves.

Ethan

Strata Poster
The real target of Phantasialand is in fact super excited for this addition, and I think you guys should just get over the fact that Phantasialand doesn't give a :emoji_poop: about the ''enthousiasts" you call yourselves.
Oh my god I hate this post so much. Like, so much. We know kids will love this, we know the park doesn't care about the enthusiast community, we've been through this a million times. People here are moaning about VR because it's terrible and this entire coaster is a waste of space.

Good riddance Temple. Welcome, whatever major new indoor attraction Phantasialand might have up their sleeves...
This <3

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
If it were at almost any other park people wouldn't mind but the ride (especially theming wise) is way below everything else in the park which makes it stand out as the worst thing in existence

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
nor any theme to the ride if you decide to not wear a VR Headset.
So it will just be like Temple of the Night Hawk then? :p

The loss of the Temple soundtrack will be a shame as it was rather good but it is not really a surprise; after all this is a retheme. The VR headsets presumably have their own audio. At least the music does live on with the remix included in the new Wuze Tal soundtrack introduced last year.

Otherwise the work on the exterior queue I think, while simple (cough low budget cough), is effective and it looks fresher and brighter now.
Matching the new paint on the side of the building and the fencing/railing panels new blue sun covers have been hung up. Seemingly they are anticipating that it will be busy this summer.
IMG_20190503_131814.jpg.0da95a0107c4fb27addca862f160db13.jpg

IMG_20190503_131917.jpg.4e78224ee1c73de94a721911f235634d.jpg

From the Instagram story of benphanie today a look at all the covers up now, and the blue painted wall on the right.
Screenshot_20190506-162434_Instagram.jpg

The hole created for the new entrance.

New wood cladding.

Pictures from PhantaFriends
nVuvJmXy.jpg

Will be interesting to see the interior queue and station. I imagine it will also be an improvement though; even if the quality might not be on the same level as the park's other new additions (Then again I'd imagine they're limited with what they can do there anyway especially weight wise for the structure, no UR rockwork here sadly).
So while VR is not everyone's 'cup of tea', so to speak, this project has at least had some positives improving the look of the attraction.

I've seen on social media that some staff were riding it today (no idea whether with headsets or not though) but presumably its testing. Opening could be quite soon then with queue work nearing completion too.

NightHawkFur

Roller Poster
...Am I the only one who doesn't think Temple is all that bad? Rode it two years ago and found it to be pretty okay.

No, I love temple !
But I hate what Phantasialand has done to it over the years (or rather, what they didn't do to it...)

And that after so many years, they finally work on the ride, probably for the last time it will receive any love until it's demolition and then it's *drummroll* freakin' VR :emoji_poop:

And that new outer queue... well it's better than before, but looks about as low-budget as I expected for a Temple renovation.

Clearly this is just a 2-3 Season job, and then the bulldozers will arrive.

Last edited:

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I hope they at least make the station easier to navigate because the loading bays were so tiny that people kept backing up. Definitely not the easiest job for the platform attendants...

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
New update: FB_IMG_1557249123336.jpg FB_IMG_1557249120087.jpg

The renovation is getting better by the day. Almost literally everything is getting painted. I still expect planting and maybe even small decorations.

Source: Robin Nijman (Phantasialand Wartezeiten und Wetter Gruppe, Facebook)

Last edited:

NightHawkFur

Roller Poster
They really seem to "like" still having that building around if it has to be hidden by photoshop for a commercial photo..

Aaaa...nyway, for the last couple of seasons it has, some new progress can be seen:

D43666C9-9430-4834-B22A-75E9F99477D4.thumb.jpeg.fd06a0c5048dbce70e5196345069f013.jpeg

DB103954-BA94-4A4A-AEC5-6582AE7EBC8F.thumb.jpeg.c692de5c6e5c21728c311466a144f827.jpeg
(c) = PhantaFriends

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Eh, as a stop-gap, I'm not really opposed to this. If they'd been doing this with any other ride on park I've probably have been a bit concerned, but as a marketable "quick fix" for a few years until they can redevelop the area properly, it makes a fair bit of sense. Given how poor I remember Temple of the Night Hawk being a couple of years back, this has got to be an improvement.

As long as the park has a long term plan for this area, I say "fair play" to them.