What's new

Walibi Belgium ready for its transformation!

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
With sadness all over me, I have to bring the news that Cobra didn't receive the new train :( So no vest restraints.

Source: Video post on Walibi page (facebook)

Ethan

Strata Poster
I want to hate this so bad but it actually looks great tbh. I just hope they dress where the buildings meet the pavement with some small props, as there's a bit of a harsh line at the moment. I doubt they'll bother though.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I have heard that Fun Pilot will open by the end of the month.

For 2020, plans have changed. For next year, the park planned to re-theme the Western zone and add a Mack Twist 'n Splash. However, plans changed and the park will re-theme the zone including Pulsar, FlashBack and Psyké Undeground plus the entrance area. So no new rides for 2020.

And underneath a little video with some great views on Karma World. Walibi Belgium also said that further details will ne added the following weeks.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I have heard that Fun Pilot will open by the end of the month.

For 2020, plans have changed. For next year, the park planned to re-theme the Western zone and add a Mack Twist 'n Splash. However, plans changed and the park will re-theme the zone including Pulsar, FlashBack and Psyké Undeground plus the entrance area. So no new rides for 2020.

And underneath a little video with some great views on Karma World. Walibi Belgium also said that further details will ne added the following weeks.

But they are building something behind the western restaurant though

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I believe the plan is to theme the area so it's more in line with Pulsar, as opposed to making everything in line with an entire new theme.

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
He meant the area with Pulsar in it. The actual coaster will probably not be rethemed
I'm going to say something that Walibi does ALL the time and that bothers me the most.

They build beautiful coasters and zones with beautiful themes but do NOT take care of them. It's like they're forgetting that the zones need a maintenance budget too...

I went to ride Pulsar without skipping the line (that is what normally always do) and I really need to point out that it's looking disgusting as frick (trying to stay PG right now).
The walls need to be repainted, the ground needs a serious powerwash, most of the decor has been destroyed by the visitors and the stairs going down are as unstable as the voice of kid hitting puberty.

They really should consider giving every zone a budget to repair/clean it to be as good as new.

PS: Pictures incoming in less than an hour. So Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Leon

Roller Poster
I'm going to say something that Walibi does ALL the time and that bothers me the most.

They build beautiful coasters and zones with beautiful themes but do NOT take care of them. It's like they're forgetting that the zones need a maintenance budget too...

I went to ride Pulsar without skipping the line (that is what normally always do) and I really need to point out that it's looking disgusting as frick (trying to stay PG right now).
The walls need to be repainted, the ground needs a serious powerwash, most of the decor has been destroyed by the visitors and the stairs going down are as unstable as the voice of kid hitting puberty.

They really should consider give every zone a budget to repair/clean it to be as good as new.

PS: Pictures incoming in less than an hour. So Stay tuned!

This sounds very similar to a major theme park operator here in the uk.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

This is something typically Walibi Belgium. But it really is alot better like in 2002 to 2012! I remember Walibi Belgium being a pretty dirty park with zero respect for rides and such.

I remember back in 2009, when CdA recently acquired the park. Constant downtime of rides, Calamity Mine, Radja River and Gold River Adventure looked like they were nearly decomposed, paths in the park were always full of garbage, litterboxes were full early at noon,...

I think Walibi Belgium is a pretty well maintained park nowadays. Pulsar looking little dirty might be because it will recieve some TLC next year, when they are going to revamp the 'Fabulous Area', including Psyké, Flashback and Pulsar aswell!

Last edited: