What's new

Removal of G-Force at Drayton Manor (2005 - 2018)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I'm actually inclined to believe it. Not because of any evidence, but because in UK parks, extremely few coasters are actually scrapped when they are removed from a park. They tend to be relocated. Have a look at RCDB. Most coasters marked with a dash in the status column (indicating that it didn't show up at another park) are shown upon closer inspection to have been sent on the travelling fair circuit. If G-Force was to be scrapped completely, it would only be the fifth UK coaster in history faster than 45 km/h to meet that fate (joining Corkscrew at Alton, Cyclone at Southport Pleasureland, Scenic Railway at BPB and Skytrak at Granada Studios). The 32 other dismantlings of coasters above that speed threshold (admittedly, some of which were the same coaster multiple times) all saw the coaster pop up somewhere else. As did most dismantlings of smaller coasters.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Bobs at Belle Vue says Mr Pedantic...
Just pulled down, couldnt find a buyer, timber sold off locally to builders, some used in the construction of new houses in Trafford apparently.
(Advised at the time by my brother in law, who was close to tears...he wanted to buy one of the properties!)

Smithy

Strata Poster
I don't think people are doubting that it 'could' be re-located, rather that it actually is being.

It wouldn't surprise me, but lets wait for some actual evidence first, yeah?

Nick13

Mega Poster
The ECC has its ACM at Drayton Manor this weekend so there may be some news from there perhaps. I can’t see there being much interest from other parks in buying the coaster, it was pretty underwhelming...

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
The ECC has its ACM at Drayton Manor this weekend so there may be some news from there perhaps. I can’t see there being much interest from other parks in buying the coaster, it was pretty underwhelming...

We've got to make the best of what we've got here in the UK...if a small park can afford it they'd probably buy G Force.

cookie

Giga Poster
There's an image on RCDB dated from last week that shows the park map and G-Force is gone:

https://rcdb.com/4803.htm#p=99469

Compared with the 2018 park map:

Map_2018_ONLINE.jpg

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Another One Bites the Dust. It seems that every year a British theme park loses a coaster. Last off season was Wild Mouse at the Pleasure Beach, and this year it's G-Force. What was it in 2017 again?

Matt N

CF Legend
Another One Bites the Dust. It seems that every year a British theme park loses a coaster. Last off season was Wild Mouse at the Pleasure Beach, and this year it's G-Force. What was it in 2017 again?
I don't think we lost a coaster in the 2016/17 off-season... it's only been the last two.
EDIT: Actually, I think we might have lost Rattlesnake at Pleasurewood Hills in the 2016/17 off-season. But those are the only 3 off-seasons lately where we've lost a coaster.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
But those are the only 3 off-seasons lately where we've lost a coaster.
At least the quality of what they're removing each year is going down. :p

G-Force wasn't great, won't be missed by me, so now just hoping for something half decent as an addition at some point soon. Drayton is a potential +2 for me, but Ill probably only bother going back once it's a +3...

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Will they actually get rid of it though or will they just pretend it's not there whilst they work out what to do with it? I'm going for the latter, I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the owner even said it was gonna be closed all year and they might repair it eventually, or something along those lines. Such a Merlin thing to say if he did.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
I don't think we lost a coaster in the 2016/17 off-season... it's only been the last two.
EDIT: Actually, I think we might have lost Rattlesnake at Pleasurewood Hills in the 2016/17 off-season. But those are the only 3 off-seasons lately where we've lost a coaster.
But didnt they say Rattlesnake is coming back?

Sandman

Giga Poster
Flamingo Land's new coaster confirmed. They just send you round a couple of times to get the 10 inversions in ;)