What's new

Global 100 Theme Park | Hainan China | Theme Park

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The ridiculous looking "Global 100 Theme Park" on the Chinese island of Hainan has been slipping under the radar of late but the most recent construction pictures show a massive park already well under construction.

The ride line up here has been kept mostly under wraps but what Is thought to be the worlds tallest indoor freefall ride has already been installed. Roller Coasters aren't on site yet but judging by these pictures it won't be too long.

Global14.jpg
Early Concept Art

Global6.jpg
This will be the dutch themed area. I can only assume those structures up the front will be windmills

Global7.jpg Global8.jpg Global9.jpg Global10.jpg
I believe these will hold the worlds largest indoor freefall towers. They will also feature a significant multimedia section whatever that means.

Global11.jpg
Possible coaster footers on the right here. Looks to me like your standard Vekoma/Golden Horse mine train setup. Surprise Surprise
GLobal12.jpg Global13.jpg

These next pics are slightly more recent but smaller
Global1.jpg Global2.jpg Global3.jpg Global4.jpg
The tower ride itself

Global5.jpg
The dutch area is getting brighter.

Very little has come out about this park as I said but its gone big in a big way. Will be interesting to see how the ride lineup looks.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Could this be the largest "individually restrained" ride vehicle ever? Not counting things like Observation Decks or Ferris Wheels, which typically don't have a one seat, one restraint, type set up. I'm struggling to think of anything larger off the top of my head*.

*I'll now wait for plenty of suggestions that I overlooked. ;)

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Could this be the largest "individually restrained" ride vehicle ever? Not counting things like Observation Decks or Ferris Wheels, which typically don't have a one seat, one restraint, type set up. I'm struggling to think of anything larger off the top of my head*.

*I'll now wait for plenty of suggestions that I overlooked. ;)

Not sure if this counts as individually restrained since these dont have lap bars :p (yeah so no they dont). But these are huge at the new Oriental Heritage Fantawild.
Boat.jpg

As a side not. Apparently these are more Dark Ride with FX screens with a final drop at the end than your standard drop tower.

Lofty

CF Legend
As a side not. Apparently these are more Dark Ride with FX screens with a final drop at the end than your standard drop tower.
That sounds so good, though. I'd love it - it really has the potential to be incredible.

@Hixee, there's also Universe of Energy, that has 80 riders, too!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
And the duelling swinging ships at Everland, weren't they supposed to seat 100 people each or something ridiculous like that?

Lofty

CF Legend
I can't help but feel that loading/unloading on this is going to be a ****ing nightmare. All it takes is one silly bastard to be pissing around on just one of the layers and the whole thing goes to ****.