What's new

Great Coaster Names That Haven't Been Used Yet.

balrog

Mega Poster
I meant just Apollo by itself would sound good (I did fear similarities to Apollo's Chariot), I see what you mean with those hammer though, so I guess Thor: the ride has been used in some way.
Thor is also the proposed theme/name for a future B&M flyer project at Asterix. So it might happen really soon (rumored for 2019).

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
A few off the top of my head

'Aurora borealis'
'Pan.....the horned god'
'The Wild hunt'
'Valkyrie'
'The Oracle'
'Limbo'
'White noise'

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Nautilus (A coaster that dives underwater)
Sunburst (Any coaster)
Red Rocket (Launched strata-coaster)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

TLARides

Hyper Poster
A few off the top of my head

'Aurora borealis'
'Pan.....the horned god'
'The Wild hunt'
'Valkyrie'
'The Oracle'
'Limbo'
'White noise'
Or maybe instead of Aurora Borealis, name it Borealis and make it Portal/Half-Life themed.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^ Skyfish??
You been on the weed again bruv? :)

Malevolence is good though, I'll give you that one.
But Skyfish? Nah man.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Some others:)

Sonic Boom
Bullwhip
Hern the hunter
Skyfish
malevolence
I like some of these (like 'Malevolence') and ones that others have suggested, but do ALL coaster names have to evoke coolness or power or fear? Wouldn't a silly name make the ride more memorable? How about, for example, Chained Banana? There could be theming with images of an angry plantain breaking free of its manacles. They tried to contain the potential of this fruit, but its ripe goodness cannot be subdued. And YOU will experience its liberation ... as expressed in coaster form.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
Thunderball. The term for the mushroom cloud that appears after a nuclear explosion (hence the Bond book/film in which nuclear weapons are stolen being called Thunderball). Would work for maybe a launch coaster or even a shot or drop tower.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Or maybe instead of a Strata Coaster, make Red Rocket themed to Fallout ;)

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk
I think a Portal ride would be more interesting than a Fallout ride since there are already tons of coasters with the "apocalypse" theme.

BigBad

Mega Poster
do ALL coaster names have to evoke coolness or power or fear?
I think the answer is yes. Grown-up coasters are supposed to be powerful and frightening and intimidating.

A kiddie coaster could have a goofy name like Wacky Worm, but I think we're generally talking about bigger coasters.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I think the answer is yes. Grown-up coasters are supposed to be powerful and frightening and intimidating.

A kiddie coaster could have a goofy name like Wacky Worm, but I think we're generally talking about bigger coasters.
Well, clearly parks agree with you as 99% of coaster titles go for the same kind of image.

But I think there's a reason that in film casting against type can work well, and I think that a darkly comedic or tongue-in-cheek or even strange and goofy name could go well with a big, terrifying coaster. If they hit the right note, it would make the coaster more of a stand-out phenomenon than the next Goliath or Intimidator or Seriously Scary Thing. I think it would create more personality.

Then again, metal bands these days always seem to go for the same Cookie Monster growl with the vocals, and either you think that's powerful and initimidating, or you think it's boring and kind of sad.

tribar

Mega Poster
Roller Coaster 1
Roller Coaster 2
Roller Coaster 3
Roller Coaster 4
Roller Coaster 5
Roller Coaster 6
Roller Coaster 7
Roller Coaster 8
Roller Coaster 9
Roller Coaster 10

Chinese Knockoff

Batman: Ultimate Flight

HAL 9000: I'm afraid I can't do that Dave.

Donald J Trump's Trump-Approved Make America Great Again Crapnola Coaster

Robb Alvey's AWESOME 360 degree Coasterama!

12 Angry Men: The Ride

Barrack Obama's 57 state tour of America.

United Airlines Passenger Removal: The Ride.

And for the kids:

Junior Coaster 2

The Ladybug Vanishes

Barron's $400,000 School Bus Ride

Kennedy Expressway: The Ride

Birds & Bees Coaster

Disney's Lemmings Adventure

jay37415

Mega Poster
Mediocrity - vekoma boomerang
Chaos and carnage - dueling coaster
Broken Appendages -