What's new

PortAventura | Uncharted | Intamin Multi-Dimension Coaster | 2023

Lofty

CF Legend
Love them. They're giving me Gringotts vibes and I love those trains.

Yes, that train definitely rotates - interested to see just exactly how it does it.

Joelpagett

Mega Poster

Not long to go now!

In other news, from 10.07 to 11.09, people staying at:

Hotel Gold River
Hotel Colorado Creek
Mansion De Lucy

Will be able to ride Uncharted from 8am to 10am before the park opens.

I'm booked for a night in Mansion Lucy in August and this has definitely made my day, as I have no doubt that on a weekend in August, this coaster is going to have a 3+ hour queue.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Surprised nobody has mentioned it but today the ride has opened for employees and some media outlets. Tomorrow the ride will be open for everybody.

As far as I have heard, people are comparing this to Gringott's, although this one has a better coaster section. The first launch is also rather punchy and at least one of the launches is taken sideways. Right at the end there seems to be a surprise, but I can't really say what it is as I have not watched any onride videos yet to avoid spoilers.

The ride has been runnning just one train today. Hopefully, they will run all 3 tomorrow; otherwise, it's going to be a ****show tomorrow.

cookie

Giga Poster
POV of the queue from 16 minutes in:

Admittedly, the queue looks very good, hopefully the ride experience is up to par. There's also a VR experience for disabled guests.

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
The ride has been runnning just one train today. Hopefully, they will run all 3 tomorrow; otherwise, it's going to be a ****show tomorrow.
It is still apparently running one train, plus it opened late and will close early. The park has warned of reduced operation, huge crowd waiting on the heat without food or water, in a line that just isn’t moving. So yea, pretty much a ****show right now.

Last edited:

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Apparently, the park has tried to put a second train in operation but it is causing the ride to go down even more.

I think we could draw some comparisons between Uncharted's rocky debut and Hagrid's first few months, when the ride had reduced hours and couldn't run (still can't I think) all trains, due to how complex the ride system is.

On top of this, PA has made the same mistake as Universal: marketing and setting an opening date way too early for a ride that was prone to having plenty of downtime.

We will see if 4-5 hours is the norm in the next few days but the park should make it a top priority to be able to run all 3 trains to alleviate the queues.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Apparently, the park has tried to put a second train in operation but it is causing the ride to go down even more.

I think we could draw some comparisons between Uncharted's rocky debut and Hagrid's first few months, when the ride had reduced hours and couldn't run (still can't I think) all trains, due to how complex the ride system is.

On top of this, PA has made the same mistake as Universal: marketing and setting an opening date way too early for a ride that was prone to having plenty of downtime.

We will see if 4-5 hours is the norm in the next few days but the park should make it a top priority to be able to run all 3 trains to alleviate the queues.

Wow so theres only one train in operation on the whole ride? wow the capacity per hour must be shocking!

Coaster & Chill

Roller Poster
*SPOILERS AHEAD*

I've personally tried the ride yesterday, and I must admit I've been quite disappointed, you can see so much missed potential with this ride.

When I rode, they were running 2 trains, but with slow operations due to the technical problems mentioned in previous posts.

My main gripe is the lack of thematic elements during the ride, and the overall brightness inside the room, as you can see the whole track and the structures for the few screens scattered around. Most in my group agreed that it feels rushed, and Uncharted suffers for it.

It feels like the budget goes down and down as you walk from room to room in the queue line, with the lowest quality theming in the coaster itself. There are still some nice effects in the queue line and the animatronics are solid. The screen quality and animations are solid, too.

Overall, the coaster itself is quite fun, good forces for a family coaster, the launches and spinning are great, and it's a very smooth ride. My highlights would be the first launch, the lateral launches and spike, and the backwards drop into the break run.

Last edited:

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Ride POV now up - SPOILERS

Must admit, this one seems like a flop.

The coaster aspect of it looks fun, don't get me wrong! The spinning, launches and sideways transitions seem like a slightly more extreme version of Gringotts.
But the ride experience itself and the immersion....😕

The fact that you can see the light coming from the shutter doors next to the first screen really doesn't sit well with me. The fact that this is a recording and you can still see all the other lights, tracks, and screens from elsewhere in the ride as well makes me think it will look even worse in person.

I really wish they could have just put more theming around the ride, even if it were 2D walls and some smoke machines (like Revenge of the Mummy).

It does look like a coaster the families will enjoy but not exactly one I'd queue longer than an hour for.

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
Not really sure what people were expecting from PORTAVENTURA but I think it looks a great addition for their lineup?

This park is not one that you'd expect would even entertain this type of ride, let alone make it as in-depth as Gringott's etc. For what it is, it looks fine?

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Not really sure what people were expecting from PORTAVENTURA
I'm avoiding spoilers so no comment on the experience but I've heard a theoretical capacity of 700pph, so I can say I was expecting higher capacity considering the nightmare queues I hear daily about this place!

As it's "theoretical" the actual running capacity will almost certainly be far lower.

Trax

Hyper Poster
700 for a place like PortAventura is fine for a smaller supporting ride, but with them hyping Uncharted as a major addition, it should have close to double that capacity.
But PA is PA, and as long as they make money by selling fast passes, they will continue. The park is known for being sometimes impossible to enjoy without a fast pass, so uncharted fits right in.