What's new

PortAventura | Uncharted | Intamin Multi-Dimension Coaster | 2023

chrisgeorgiou46

Roller Poster
I am so excited to try this out! I know it will mainly be pitch black, but I hope the set pieces for the slower moments are well-done. Coaster technology has come such a long way. Fingers crossed it's open by the time I get there on Friday 16th June. I'm looking at tickets now, wondering whether to buy an express pass for 10 rides or not. What do you guys think? I would think the queues are quite bad that time of year, but I wouldn't know. I haven't been since I was a teenager so it's been...a while.

Peet

Giga Poster
I am so excited to try this out! I know it will mainly be pitch black, but I hope the set pieces for the slower moments are well-done. Coaster technology has come such a long way. Fingers crossed it's open by the time I get there on Friday 16th June. I'm looking at tickets now, wondering whether to buy an express pass for 10 rides or not. What do you guys think? I would think the queues are quite bad that time of year, but I wouldn't know. I haven't been since I was a teenager so it's been...a while.
We're at risk of derailing into a trip planning topic here, but the crowd calendar on queue-times.com is a very useful indicator, it says 66% (fairly busy) for your date, I'd recommend the express pass just because the main/standby queues move sooo slowly at that place.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Last edited:

redheadedRobin

Mega Poster
While it looks good to the naked eye, these themed walls are made with the cheapest materials, the same ones used for the rockwork around Shambhala, which was in severely damaged after just one season.

If not maintained properly, these walls are going to look faded/like a sore thumb in no time.

It's a shame, the park needs to stop cheaping out on this kind of theming.
At least it seems the outside will continue with the "far west city next to a canyon" theme of the area, which is good.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
While it looks good to the naked eye, these themed walls are made with the cheapest materials, the same ones used for the rockwork around Shambhala, which was severely damaged after just one season.

If not maintained properly, these walls are going to look faded/like a sore thumb in no time.
Are they made from that foam stuff? Like insulation panels?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Have to be honest, whatever they're made of, I'm impressed with the modular nature of them. Manufactured elsewhere in neat panels ready to be just hung on the building. For some reason, I've never realised this is how it 'can' be done. I imagined all jobs involved on site modelling work like Klughein / Aqualantis / Sweet Valley.

Potentially easier to replace it completely 5 years down the line I guess?

Coaster & Chill

Roller Poster
@marcosluque over PACommunity posted these pics yesterday, full credits to the original author. We can see new rockwork panels being installed over the ride facade, and an area that had vegetation will be replaced by a new food stand, pressumably the Nutella stand will be moved to this new location.

24b1a302c76572ab53758dbead30f1aca87b57f4.jpg
2f5b63a524db93e22386b2281bdcd854ffd0356d.jpg
207aec6beb657b46936e13c21b1535b03df60d90.jpg
035096a3d88eef557482f7362f478162cc55a69e.png