What's new

Universal's Epic Universe | Orlando USA | Theme Park

jasone

Roller Poster
Have we seen any concept art for the Mack coasters other than the main artwork? Just wondering if this is a duelling extreme spinner, a duelling standard launch coaster, or perhaps 1 spinner and 1 standard? I only say this because for some reason I find the fact they went with Mack for the duelling launch coaster when they seem to have had a great relationship with Intamin recently a little bit odd... unless its got a trick or two up its sleeves? Might be just being hopeful though...

Ethan

Strata Poster
Have we seen any concept art for the Mack coasters other than the main artwork? Just wondering if this is a duelling extreme spinner, a duelling standard launch coaster, or perhaps 1 spinner and 1 standard? I only say this because for some reason I find the fact they went with Mack for the duelling launch coaster when they seem to have had a great relationship with Intamin recently a little bit odd... unless its got a trick or two up its sleeves? Might be just being hopeful though...
I haven't seen any for the actual layout. I did see one bit of concept art, and I guess it might be for the dueling coaster station, but I could be wrong there. Might have been posted here already though...
image-019.jpg

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Track has been placed for the huge Mack duelling coasters, this will be fun to watch go up. Look closely at the transfer track and maintenance bays, indicating at least eight trains;
View attachment 21626
View attachment 21627
Source

I've just had a proper blonde moment, and I'm not even blonde. I thought the bluey grey railway looking tracks were maintenance bays, and I was about to say, I count 10. Then I noticed some of those sections have supports going through them, and was wondering how the hell that works. Took me a few moments to realise the actual bays only have footers so far, and they're just support structures for the mezzanine floors / walkways.

Indy

Hyper Poster
I only say this because for some reason I find the fact they went with Mack for the duelling launch coaster when they seem to have had a great relationship with Intamin recently a little bit odd... unless its got a trick or two up its sleeves? Might be just being hopeful though...
Universal has had a longstanding relationship with Mack though. They have more Mack coaster products across all of their parks than Intamin. Universal also has a number of non-coaster rides from Mack throughout their parks. So, it's safe to say that Universal is just as comfortable with Mack's final product as they are with Intamin's.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

This double inversion thing has also been sort of confirmed/figured out for this layout too.
Screenshot_2022-11-10-09-47-25-89_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
7L3Llr0.png
Ezl7sOrWEAAM7q_.jpg_large.jpg

jasone

Roller Poster
Ahhh okay. That double inversion (which is beautiful) diagram seems to show a standard looking car. Very excited to see what Mack will do with this.

Indy

Hyper Poster
It looks phenomenal. Gotta wonder how Disney plans to respond to this too, by the way.
My honest thought is that they probably don't plan to respond. They've never really tried to challenge Universal in the thrill department and they don't really need to either. I think they know that an attraction like this isn't really what their target audience is looking for. The parks will still be jampacked with or without a major thrill coaster.

Ries

Mega Poster
Those interlocking rolls are honestly the most beautiful and satisfying element I’ve seen in a long while… 😍

I came here, to just say this.
But the rest of the track, how the two trains dance around each other is really nice too.