What's new

IAAPA 2022

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Looks like wonderboy CoasterStudios was behind the recent mess. Very classy from Taylor "Most of the workers are African-American, and I didn't count many white workers" Bybee!

Jesus christ can we just nuke him into orbit?

Updating as I find claims, looks like someone from IAAPA is on r/rollercoasterjerk is dropping everything

Premier booth yelled at them for pushing themselves to the front.

"Don't ask why they crawled under Pipeline train and got kicked out of the B&M booth."

Last edited:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I love covering it for CF and take the “responsibility” seriously. It did annoy me that Sarah from Coaster Studios would worm her way to the front when a pack had already formed. At one stage, she crawled through peoples legs to get to the front. Do what everybody else does, get there early and secure a good spot. I stood 20 mins waiting at both RMC and GCI for the reveals. They weren’t even press or influence according to thier badges, they were “attendees”. Regarding the Premier Rides shouting allegation above - I didn’t see or hear anybody from PR confronting anybody. On the whole, everybody is respectful and knows their place…I just hope a few don’t spoil it for the rest. The enthusiast meet ups can happen away from the booths and be in the multiple evening events.

I hate all that “influencer” nonsense anyway. Just factually report what’s happening, perhaps with a tinge of excitable opinion, and leave it be. And as for the interviews that CF does, we make appointments with the manufacturers on the quieter Thursday and Friday and the times decided by the company. It’s all common sense and politeness.

Anyway, rant over. Thank you for the nice words regarding CF’s coverage.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Curious on the whole; did this year's IAAPA feel "back to normal" @Ian and @ECG? There's been a bit of narrative that somehow 2023/2024 will remain a bust of a year as we get back out of quarantine, but curious if you have any takes!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I didn’t go last year, but it certainly felt near to normal like pre-pandemic shows. There were some empty spaces, cleverly filled with “relaxation stations” and the the IAAPA booth area was huge, so it felt full. I also noticed a lack of 3x3m booths. I don’t know if that was a choice by the booth buyer or perhaps promoted by IAAPA to ensure the floor was filled as possible.

Snoo

The Legend
I didn’t go last year, but it certainly felt near to normal like pre-pandemic shows. There were some empty spaces, cleverly filled with “relaxation stations” and the the IAAPA booth area was huge, so it felt full. I also noticed a lack of 3x3m booths. I don’t know if that was a choice by the booth buyer or perhaps promoted by IAAPA to ensure the floor was filled as possible.
Last year was certainly not our first go around but was a good show none-the-less.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Curious on the whole; did this year's IAAPA feel "back to normal" @Ian and @ECG? There's been a bit of narrative that somehow 2023/2024 will remain a bust of a year as we get back out of quarantine, but curious if you have any takes!
It felt back to normal, very much so. Actually, better than normal (for vendors). Bust? Anything but...

This demo was amazing.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
With all due respect to this, IAAPA has today released a statement on changes to their press program for 2023. You can read it below;
Just for completion’s sakes, I’m going to exhume this thread - IAAPA has released their press eligibility criteria for 2023.

The most notable change can be seen below, which probably eliminates alot of outlets. For the best, I guess;
8B5D9C59-6B17-4B83-A81E-B24D149BAEBE.jpeg

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Just for competition’s sakes, I’m going to exhume this thread - IAAPA has released their press eligibility criteria for 2023.

The most notable change can be seen below, which probably eliminates alot of outlets. For the best, I guess;
View attachment 25828

I guess it depends what IAAPA consider to be an “established online blog”. I’d imagine that the big names might still get invited (e.g. Theme Park Review, CoasterForce, TheTimTracker, possibly Theme Park Worldwide), but this rule could exclude a number of smaller YouTubers.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I mean, this had been a long time coming and I feel like this is also the so called FAFO
Poor behavior by Enthusiasts led to Enthusiast not being welcomed. When you/anyone put yourself out there as someone who 'represents us' and you do stuff that make us look bad, you, well, make us look bad. and I'm not aiming this at any one person or group but it is what it is and in the end IAAPA is a place of business and not a place for people in the fandom to be running around acting foolish.

Canobie' I've been to like 9 IAAPA's since 2003 and have personally watched the atmosphere deteriorate' Fan 🤷‍♂️

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It's a solid move, especially to send a clear message that subscriber count, Youtube channel views, etc. do not translate to actual followership/community engagement. There is a role for social media outlets, but it aint as an Influencer, solely focused on sensationalism and "hot takes from the show floor".