What's new

Accident On Coaster At Royal Melbourne Show.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Theres been an accident on a small coaster called the Rebel Roller Coaster at the Royal Melbourne Show down in Australia. The Revel Roller Coaster is a small zyclone style coaster that travels around the country.

Sounds like its the type of accident we've all heard about 100 times where someone climbed into the coaster operating area to retrieve a dropped phone and was struck by a passing train before being dragged along the track by the train causing multiple serious injuries.

Police believe she was trying to retrieve her phone and walked onto the tracks but some witnesses claim she fell from one of the carriages.

There are other reports Shylah was dragged into the air by the rollercoaster before falling up to nine metres to the ground.

Her devastated father Alan Rodden says his daughter will remain in coma in Royal Melbourne Hospital for a significant time.

He shared his fears she will never fully recover from her injuries if she survives.

‘The injuries are horrific. Horrific,” he told the Mail.

“She’s brain damaged. It’s pelvic, her arms, legs, back, neck. There’s hardly a thing that’s not broken.

A couple of news stories

A tragic accident that we hear about too often really and one that is all to avoidable. :(

Dar

Hyper Poster
There's a video floating round Reddit and I just don't understand how or why they were in the spot they were? The ride's actively running, it's right next to a walkway so you can see where the train is, there had to have been people shouting at them to not go on, and yet they did.

Not to mention that they weren't just in the ride area, they were clambering over track and was mid-track when the train mysteriously appeared out of thin air and hit them.

It's not clear what their motives were, but it doesn't look like they fell out of a carriage.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
There's a video floating round Reddit and I just don't understand how or why they were in the spot they were? The ride's actively running, it's right next to a walkway so you can see where the train is, there had to have been people shouting at them to not go on, and yet they did.

Not to mention that they weren't just in the ride area, they were clambering over track and was mid-track when the train mysteriously appeared out of thin air and hit them.

It's not clear what their motives were, but it doesn't look like they fell out of a carriage.
One of the articles I linked in the original post claims the lady worked at the fair and had gone into the enclosure to retrieve her phone

Christian

Hyper Poster
This is truly saddening, as any accident in our passion is. I hope she recovers.

But, I cant get over that she actively seemed to cross the track right in front of the train. To me that indicates attempted suicide. Similar to people jumping in front of trains.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
But, I cant get over that she actively seemed to cross the track right in front of the train. To me that indicates attempted suicide. Similar to people jumping in front of trains.
Just seen the video and I'm inclined to agree. She seems to look right at the train and then steps in front of it.

Plus I just saw an article that said her brother died recently and her "world came crashing down".