What's new

Gruffalo style rides?

Bowser

Mega Poster
Can anyone recommend other similar rides to The Gruffalo at Chessington in Europe?

Not necessarily water based (though that is good) but mostly in terms of being an indoor sensory style ride with heavy theming.

I imagine Disneyland Paris might tick a few boxes (haven't been there for 25 years).

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve done fairly few European theme parks, but I’d say; look no further than Piraten in Batavia at Europa Park! As water boat rides go, I’d probably say that’s about as good as it gets; I’d argue that I preferred it to POTC at Disney (the Florida version, anyway).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I’ve done fairly few European theme parks, but I’d say; look no further than Piraten in Batavia at Europa Park! As water boat rides go, I’d probably say that’s about as good as it gets; I’d argue that I preferred it to POTC at Disney (the Florida version, anyway).
Europa Park also has a pretty great selection of relatively 'chill' dark rides that fit the brief, I reckon - albeit not water based.

There's a few omnimovers, and bunch of bench rides, as well as the magnificent Piraten.

Bowser

Mega Poster
I'd start with Seaquarium at Fantasy Island if you want a true like for like, beyond that the list would be pretty endless.

This feels like too good of an opportunity to not plug https://darkridedatabase.com/
Oh wow! I've not been there since i was a little kid, looks like a completely different place! That ride looks perfect! Thank you.

Will check out that database too, looks extensive!

Just had a look and amazingly the first thing i stumbled upon was this... which just happens to be at Skegness too!!!

Last edited:

Bowser

Mega Poster
Europa Park also has a pretty great selection of relatively 'chill' dark rides that fit the brief, I reckon - albeit not water based.

There's a few omnimovers, and bunch of bench rides, as well as the magnificent Piraten.
Great thanks, will look at these too!