What's new

GCI's first hybrid coming in 2023

lom.lom.lom

Roller Poster
I found this interview a week or two back. Around 5:30 in, Clair Hain begins talking about titan track patchwork jobs and also "the rebranding of the complete ride". That could be talk about Wildcat, since this is from earlier this year, even though they didn't get the job, or this could be talk about something different. My first thought was Roar at SFA.

MurphNation

Mega Poster
no matter what wof is still gonna open up a new coaster and theirs is alot of proof that it’s gonna be the titan track.

Fiender

Roller Poster
I found this interview a week or two back. Around 5:30 in, Clair Hain begins talking about titan track patchwork jobs and also "the rebranding of the complete ride". That could be talk about Wildcat, since this is from earlier this year, even though they didn't get the job, or this could be talk about something different. My first thought was Roar at SFA.

My first thought (and hope) is actually Predator at Darien. It's already received some titan track which has been very well received. The way Clair talked about it in the interview also sounds (to me) like they had at least one "full ride rebrand" actually signed and sealed. It might still be a reference to Wildcat though; he could've been very confident about getting that contract given GCI's good relations with Hershey.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
My first thought (and hope) is actually Predator at Darien. It's already received some titan track which has been very well received. The way Clair talked about it in the interview also sounds (to me) like they had at least one "full ride rebrand" actually signed and sealed. It might still be a reference to Wildcat though; he could've been very confident about getting that contract given GCI's good relations with Hershey.
I've heard rumors about this but nothing feels concrete and I don't think Darien Lake is actually going to put that kind of money into the park. Though if this means they finally can run two trains on the ride that'd be a huge upgrade.

Fiender

Roller Poster
I've heard rumors about this but nothing feels concrete and I don't think Darien Lake is actually going to put that kind of money into the park. Though if this means they finally can run two trains on the ride that'd be a huge upgrade.
I'm trying not to be blinded by wishful thinking, but the park overall has improved a lot since Six Flags took over again. We also haven't had a chance to see how much money they're willing to spend. If not for Covid, we would've gotten the Sky Screamer, Wahoo Wave, and Titan Track within the span of 2 years, and that's not nothing.

jonnyu

Roller Poster
Has anyone counted out GCI Titan Track as a rebranding for Timber Wolf as opposed to a ground up?
I think the fact that the GCI/Skyline project is attached to a land grading proposal and they're currently clearing land in the park suggests it's a new coaster. Timber Wolf also just a complete retracking from GCI just a few years ago, so it seems weird they'd turn around and redo the ride again.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I'm trying not to be blinded by wishful thinking, but the park overall has improved a lot since Six Flags took over again. We also haven't had a chance to see how much money they're willing to spend. If not for Covid, we would've gotten the Sky Screamer, Wahoo Wave, and Titan Track within the span of 2 years, and that's not nothing.
Yeah but some of that was still under "Every park gets a new attraction every year" Six Flags so I don't really count it. I'd love to be wrong but that park has taught me for 20 years not to have faith in it.