What's new

Europa Park | Rulantica Extensions | Waterpark | 2023

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Progress on the Mack Rides Twist n Splash Tonnevirvel set to open this summer. It's being marketed as "the world's first Twist n Splash in a water park" rather amusingly.

The runes on the ride barrels do actually spell 'Rulantica' and 'Twist and Splash'.

An expansion with some small slides to the outdoor kids area Snorri Strand has already opened this year.

Some concept artwork for the indoor expansion/3rd Slide Tower due for this winter. The main highlight will be the 8-lane RallyRacer mat slides from ProSlide.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
New Mack Rides logo?
This did briefly pop up before:

But I think this might be the first time I've seen in on a ride.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Rulantica have released some pictures of the first parts being installed for the 8 lane RallyRacer set to open this winter. You can also see the massive building extension that is being built.
FalnXjFXEAAPCIc

FalnX6KXkAAnNvK

FalnYojX0AADf6C

300096590_1494388084350473_353986609027473841_n.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Had a stab at renaming this topic and stickying. Any better ideas I'm happy to hear them.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Anyone any idea when these will open? Rulantica is closed atm & reopens on the 23rd can we assume then?
The closure this week is for annual maintenance primarily. The slides may be finished but no testing has taken place so far, and the fit out and theming of Nordiskturn still has some way to go. The massive new tower continues a lot more than just the RallyRacer. Honestly I doubt it will be this side of Christmas.

Rulantica have kept their new Twist n Splash Tønnevirvel open this winter with a temporary heated tent built over it

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
As always look like a wonderful expansion, not sure if i imagined it or not but is there a lift or just several flights of stairs?
Anymore expansions currently in the works?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Flight of stairs for the long climb to the top.

And no for the first time since they broke ground building the water park in the first place - there's no construction sites anymore really*.
*(well there are some empty spaces still in this new tower but they'll just be VIP/for hire rooms when done)
Unless they take a break due to corona/world events catching up to their budget - I imagine they won't sit still for long and keep the new addition every year rhythm going.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I haven't been keeping up but assume they haven't done the planned 2nd building yet? The one that's the same size as the whole indoor park is now but just around the outdoor bit slightly?