What's new

New rides @ small parks

bigmac1789

Roller Poster
Rides are starting to show up at Rye Playland! The first ride to show up looks like a Technical Park Side car flatride! (The concept image is from Technical Parks website of the XL version,this will most likely be the smaller model)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1650209291213.jpg
    FB_IMG_1650209291213.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 92
  • unknown.png
    unknown.png
    666.2 KB · Views: 86

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Unexpected news out of Norway recently - Hunderfossen Familiepark, the park best known for the coaster with the best trains ever and Norway's answer to Disney's castles, seems to be adding a new coaster. It's a tiny Gerstlauer Bob named "Fyr & Flamme", which translates directly as "fire and flame" but more accurately as "all geared up with enthusiasm". It may not be much, but it appears to have some custom landscaping and stuff, so I think it looks pretty neat. Might be an incentive for me to visit the park for the first time in 20 years, at least. Now there's two creds to be found there.
A good first look at the constructed coaster;

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
A good first look at the constructed coaster;
I actually saw the coaster myself the other week, when I took the train from Trondheim to Oslo. There is a station at Hunderfossen, right outside the park fence. Unfortunately, I did not have the presence of mind to have a camera ready.

Peet

Giga Poster
The "revamped" rides at Tir Prince are the old Reverchon spinner (Twister) from Lightwater Valley (yep the one that had 2 major accidents), a wacky worm, and a kiddie mine thing like the one at Weston Super Mare (manufacturer seems to be unknown):

The park now seems to be branded Fun Land, which must have taken ages to come up with.

Hopefully the Fabbri spinner (Batman) will resurface somewhere as I still need that cred.

Christian

Hyper Poster
That really intense to be Futoroscope. Haven't been there in many years but remember everything used to be really mild. Except for that dancing robot ride. Cool that they nowadays also have more intense rides.

Lofty

CF Legend
That looks great. If you watch the full POV, the mix of real world setting and digital content is brilliantly done.

Niles

Giga Poster
Just saw on RCDB that Sommerland Sjælland in Denmark is getting two new identical creds for next season, to be fair they are just cheap little human powered coasters. but with one operating in Switzerland since 2021 I think we will start to see a lot more off these in Europe.

At there low cost parks can easily add a coaster to their line up, they can put it in a play area and you don't need staff for it, I wonder if this will replace the butterfly coasters over time, It's also fun that the parents have to pedal to make them work.
1659349222497.png

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Just saw on RCDB that Sommerland Sjælland in Denmark is getting two new identical creds for next season, to be fair they are just cheap little human powered coasters. but with one operating in Switzerland since 2021 I think we will start to see a lot more off these in Europe.

At there low cost parks can easily add a coaster to their line up, they can put it in a play area and you don't need staff for it, I wonder if this will replace the butterfly coasters over time, It's also fun that the parents have to pedal to make them work.
View attachment 19391
There plenty of versions of these too. These 2 are one of the main versions you see around (There are 100s of these things all over China) but I've seen everything from a triple lift hill model (With powered lifts thank god)

To an inverted coaster version.

I fully expect these to be everywhere.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

View attachment 19391
I want one in my backyard.

Niles

Giga Poster

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
If you have a spare ~£2000 you can ☺️

They only cost £2K? Ok I'm buying one.

jk but that's actually really cheap.

Matt N

CF Legend
At the back of Shawn Sanbrooke’s latest vlog from the park, you can see a new Go-Gator operating at Brean Theme Park:
(Can be seen at about 7.5 minutes in, as well as at various other points)

Crazy Loop is also undergoing a huge refurbishment, which will turn it into Bulldog Coaster.

The new Go-Gator has certainly gone under the radar, as it’s not even on RCDB… I also saw a photo of my young cousin riding it on a recent holiday to Brean Sands.

I’ll have to let Duane know…