From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This little piggy went to Alton.
This little piggy then went home.
This little piggy rode the new cred.
This little piggy got a plus 1.
And this little piggy went wee-weeee-weeeee and invited you to Paultons!

The Live name is a bit rubbish (as was my take on the nursery rhyme). I was thinking "Peppa Pig, Farmyard Flyer" and it sort of merged. But that aside, I would love to see as many of you as possible at Paultons Park on Saturday 21st May.

Although the turn out at Alton was 101% quality in terms of personality and laughs, the number of attendees was low. As you probably realise, without a reasonable number of people, we may not qualify for favourable group rates. It's also easier to chat to the parks about possible perks when I know the rough number of attendees. For example, 20+ and ERT is a possibility, seven or eight and we'd be looking at maybe a workshop tour or something else. Being local to Paultons (not sure if I've ever mentioned it?), I may be able to add numbers with mates and family, too.

So, if you're going to definitely attend, please make your intentions known loud and clear in this topic! Please let me know if you plan to bring any plus 1s (that's people, not creds. Although if bringing extra creds, they would be welcome. "Hi Ian, here's my transportable apple coaster which I keep in my glovebox"). If you are going to this Live, please hold off pre-ordering a ticket until I have a solid idea of attendee numbers, which will be early May. I'll give you several weeks notice. Who knows, pigs might fly and we qualify for group rate and other stuff!

Will

Strata Poster
I'm going to a gig in Milton Keynes the day after, so already have a hotel booked somewhere between the two.

In other words, I'll probably be there now that the weekend's moved and I'm not being a Eurovision goon/just got back from holiday.

Reactions: Ian

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Whilst I can’t say so with 100% certainty that I will be there, I do really ‘want’ to attend this. Will put it in the staff diary, arrange cover and make plans.

I have never visited Paultons! So I need every cred, and it was on the radar for this year anyway!

May even pop down on the Friday, to do the ‘cred run’ thing so that I can enjoy the Live. :)

emoo

Hyper Poster
The coasters here, while some are on the smaller side, are fun enough and many will want the new adorable Farmyard Flyer. Only 1 would stand out as chore and wouldn't need a full day prior to the live to check off. I'd ride again just for new Dino cars.

I'm interested although some help getting to and from either of the train stations would be really handy on the day.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The coasters here, while some are on the smaller side, are fun enough and many will want the new adorable Farmyard Flyer. Only 1 would stand out as chore and wouldn't need a full day prior to the live to check off. I'd ride again just for new Dino cars.

I'm interested although some help getting to and from either of the train stations would be really handy on the day.
Could have given you a lift all the way and back, but I am going down on Friday all being well.

Not sure yet whether to do Paultons on the Friday, or mop up something else down south.

Will

Strata Poster
Not sure yet whether to do Paultons on the Friday, or mop up something else down south.
Not wanting to hijack the thread, but that cred on Southsea Pier has been annoying me for a while. Don't hold me to this, but it *might* stay open later than Paultons.

(I don't see there being an issue getting all the Paultons creds done in a day, especially not with how well Ian knows the place - and I doubt you'd be the only first-timer :) )

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I’m unable to do any lifts because I’ll be cycling there and back. I no longer own a car. Or if it’s crap weather, I’ll be buttering somebody up to pick me up/drop me off (I live 8mins drive away) in return for a burger.

@Nicky Borrill We’ll easily get all the creds. I managed them all, except for the small Dino one, and a go on Magma and mooching about the animals, in 60 mins on my last visit…a weekday though.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I’m unable to do any lifts because I’ll be cycling there and back. I no longer own a car. Or if it’s crap weather, I’ll be buttering somebody up to pick me up/drop me off (I live 8mins drive away) in return for a burger.

@Nicky Borrill We’ll easily get all the creds. I managed them all, except for the small Dino one, and a go on Magma and mooching about the animals, in 60 mins on my last visit…a weekday though.
Roger that.

Just didn’t want any cred anxiety to get in the way of enjoying the live haha.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I did a brief visit on Sunday and did everything in 3 hours.

Won't be able to make this one as I'll be in Poland, but hope everyone going has a great time.

JamesB

Mega Poster
I'm definitely interested! I'd be getting the train (and then who knows what). If anyone else is doing the same, give me a shout and see what we can sort out.

Reactions: Ian

Will

Strata Poster
Apparently my hotel is in Newbury.
I am posting for the joy of seeing my thoughts in print. I am tired.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Barring anything unforeseen, I should be there!

I'll be doing it as a day trip, but anyone from Bristol area who wants a lift just give me a shout! :) Or @Ian, if you want a lift of the day. Getting all buttered up by you might even be the highlight of the day. ;)

Will

Strata Poster
Weekend off is sorted because of the MCR gig, so this is looking very promising now :D
Farmyard Flyer should be #569, all being well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.