What's new

Dollywood | Big Bear Mountain | Vekoma Family Launched Coaster | 2023

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Largest attraction of its kind we’ve ever built has to be the most vague and meaningless record I’ve ever seen from a marketing department haha
Reminds me of that time Djurs Sommerland boasted "The largest family inverted coaster in the world". We quickly noticed that they were essentially saying "Tamest inverted coaster of this size in the world".

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Largest attraction of its kind we’ve ever built has to be the most vague and meaningless record I’ve ever seen from a marketing department haha
Can definitely agree there but it can't be enunciated enough that this is no small coaster that they'll be building either. It's still going to take up an absolutely massive footprint and pack in one of the longest track lengths in the park (and state if we discredit mountain coasters). If marketing comes out and says that this will be their largest steel coaster ever built, they will not be wrong.

To its defense, this was also not the beginning of a calculated marketing campaign, but rather an informal livestream where park reps were speaking off the top of their heads, balancing what they are and aren't allowed to share, speaking to the nosiest group of people that their project's secrecy now faces. Again, this may be the case later, but for speeches I'll give them a pass.

Last edited:

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Alright, lets play the hypothetical game.

Lets say the spinning coaster leak was one of a couple different plans. What if the park finally gets the hyper that has been rumored for years? The plans didn't seem very large at all.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Alright, lets play the hypothetical game.

Lets say the spinning coaster leak was one of a couple different plans. What if the park finally gets the hyper that has been rumored for years? The plans didn't seem very large at all.
What do you mean lol, the plans showed a really long coaster. Longest in the park if I remember correctly. Besides, a hyper wouldn't be part of a family area.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
They might not put a full B&M Hyper back there, but I do expect a proper thrill coaster to be the anchor of Wildwood Grove eventually. With the space that's left, there's definitely 1, maybe 2 more "phases" planned.

Some kind of dark ride, some more flat rides, and one thrill coaster would really round off that end of the park. Gotta have something big at the far end of WWG to get people to walk back there.

CoasterHour

Roller Poster
Someone on Reddit discovered a shipment back in March from Vekoma that weighed over 34,300 lbs. Seems like it could relate to this 2023 coaster; https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/vd7yl1
(Edit): It just came to my attention that Dollywood already said they would be working with a manufacturer they have not worked with previously, so that would throw Vekoma out of the conversation.

Last edited:

cocoa

Mega Poster
some kind of riding-position coaster would defs be a good fit for the lineup. family-tier thrills and a bit of a switchup from firechaser

Fiender

Roller Poster
Someone on Reddit discovered a shipment back in March from Vekoma that weighed over 34,300 lbs. Seems like it could relate to this 2023 coaster; https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/vd7yl1
(Edit): It just came to my attention that Dollywood already said they would be working with a manufacturer they have not worked with previously, so that would throw Vekoma out of the conversation.
So... for major manufacturers that just leaves Mack and Intamin, correct? Could also be S&S I suppose.

They've already worked with:
-GCI
-B&M
-RMC
-Gestlauer
-Vekoma