What's new

Energylandia | Choco Chip Creek | Vekoma Minetrain | 2024

Trax

Hyper Poster
Yeah, you can really see the area around the park developing as well. Last year, we walked next to a construction site and an office building towards the park, now the office building has been converted into a Hotel and the construction site is a supermarket. And the next construction sited did pop up, so it will be fun to see what's coming next.

Niles

Giga Poster
Some new pictures posted on Coaster Friends:
index.php

index.php

index.php

Source: https://coasterfriends.de/freizeitp...-energylandia-polen.16347/page-9#post-1231701

And one from Prestigio Art:
264098095_379437590644338_4935744155912516762_n.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/PrestigioA...iBU-MSxUM-2kv7p4mls2dg9rQJe-u712w&__tn__=kK-R

Last edited:

Christian

Hyper Poster
Looks like they have already planted grass under the coaster. That means that we wont get any more serious theming. They still might place some props here and there but at this point I'm am just expecting something similar to Formula. Coaster on a plot of grass with some props here and there. Hope I am wrong

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Looks like they have already planted grass under the coaster. That means that we wont get any more serious theming. They still might place some props here and there but at this point I'm am just expecting something similar to Formula. Coaster on a plot of grass with some props here and there. Hope I am wrong
Sadly I think you’re right… And that just doesn’t work for mine trains… They need fake mountains / rocks… To make you feel like you’re hugging the ground, even if you’re high up, for that extra sense of speed. To give you all of those head choppers… And tunnels to zip in and out of for that pitch black out of control feeling.

I don’t think the park’s design team quite grasped what makes a mine train a mine train…

Such a shame as the hardware looks substantial and with the right theming could have been great. :/

Christian

Hyper Poster
Sadly I think you’re right… And that just doesn’t work for mine trains… They need fake mountains / rocks… To make you feel like you’re hugging the ground, even if you’re high up, for that extra sense of speed. To give you all of those head choppers… And tunnels to zip in and out of for that pitch black out of control feeling.

I don’t think the park’s design team quite grasped what makes a mine train a mine train…

Such a shame as the hardware looks substantial and with the right theming could have been great. :/

This coaster will anyways get crowds regardless of what they do to it but without some serious theming they can forget us enthusiasts loving it. It's not a new Colorado Adventure, we can forget that. But hundreds of thousands of Polish kids will love this thing regardless. Seems like EL is chasing records and not working on quality. Let's hope they retouch it one day. Just as they promised that they would with Anaconda.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
This caster will anyways get crowds regardless of what they do to it but without some serious theming they can forget us enthusiasts loving it. It's not a new Colorado Adventure, we can forget that. But hundreds of thousands of Polish kids will love this thing regardless. Seems like EL is chasing records and not working on quality. Let's hope they retouch it one day. Just as they promised that they would with Anaconda.
At least the new zone is starting to look really nice 😊

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Agreed.

Look at this picture. Seems like they are intentionally hiding the coaster from the rest of the area. It's build in an in-between zone of all the areas. With no integration or exposition to any of them.

View attachment 14889

Thanks FOMO for the great pics!
It'll just be loads of people walking round the park going "where on earth is that squeaking coming from?!"

:D
Thing is, it's the first thing you see when you emerge from the tunnel onto that side of the road, and it doesn't look like those sight lines are going to change... Unless they're building where it appears they currently have lots of candy props placed...

And it does kind of look like a car park coaster, it stands out and looks odd :/ Once you've entered any of the themed zones, it'll be fine though :)

Christian

Hyper Poster
Thing is, it's the first thing you see when you emerge from the tunnel onto that side of the road, and it doesn't look like those sight lines are going to change... Unless they're building where it appears they currently have lots of candy props placed...

And it does kind of look like a car park coaster, it stands out and looks odd :/ Once you've entered any of the themed zones, it'll be fine though :)

Those candies are for Christmas right? They don't looks good in combination with the beautiful steampunk dragon monorail.

The coaster is easily fixable though. If they one day theme this coaster and the backside of the buildings from Dragon Zone and Aqualantis then it would be pretty beautiful. That EL go to great lengths theming a junior boomerang but don't do anything to a massive mine train is pretty weird. That they try to hide it from the zone that it's part off but instead show it off in a zone about dragons and medieval things is even weirder.

Energylandia really need to learn the basics of theming and sightlines from Phantasialand.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Those candies are for Christmas right? They don't looks good in combination with the beautiful steampunk dragon monorail.

The coaster is easily fixable though. If they one day theme this coaster and the backside of the buildings from Dragon Zone and Aqualantis then it would be pretty beautiful. That EL go to great lengths theming a junior boomerang but don't do anything to a massive mine train is pretty weird. That they try to hide it from the zone that it's part off but instead show it off in a zone about dragons and medieval things is even weirder.

Energylandia really need to learn the basics of theming and sightlines from Phantasialand.
I think they are for Christmas... Which will, as you say, remove it from the candy theme even more when they're gone, and also open up an unobstructed view of the coaster from the area in front even more...

Does make me wonder if there is already a plan in place to add more theming to the ride itself in future years...

What are the randomly placed brown piles? They kind of look like cookie dough...