Biblical Coaster Names

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The what now?
Tada! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob's_Ladder

Idk, name a swing or something after it. 😅

Are there really that many rollercoasters named after demons? All I can think of is Leviathan and the generically named Demon at each Great America park
Leviathan is really just akin to "Large sea monster", similar to "Kraken" and the likes.

But for other "Demon" and "Devil" names, there's a few adjectives out there:
  • Screamin' Demon
  • Steamin' Demon
  • Dare Devil Dive (though more conjuring of stunts)
  • Devil's Backbone
  • Devil's Coach
  • Devil's Chute
  • Devil's Loop
  • Devil's Mine
I'm sure there's a longform CF article in various culture's comforts in conjuring/naming with pagan and other religious contexts. Here in America, there's an arguable "PC" vibe of leaving religion out of the naming, to @solarfall's point of playing to cryptid and local legend instead.

SaveTheBlueStreak

Roller Poster
That’s a good one… I’d like to see your full hypothetical park description!
Lol I think we need some investors to join this thread. It doesn't have to be the Bible just Moses. That way we could attract both Christians and jews to Moses Land. Does anybody else have any other Moses themed ride ideas xD

I have another one
THE COASTER OF BABBLE. All the ride ops speak different languages so nobody knows what the hell is going on. Best part is any coaster could be converted to the coaster of babble just change out the ride ops and BAM no more trains will ever leave the station xD

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Some biblical names and place names sound very beautiful and concise. I would like to give my son a biblical name. If you name your child after a saintly name, he will have a very strong guardian angel. It is customary for people of deep faith to name their children with the most famous names from the Bible. Some believe that their children will be endowed with the qualities and powers of the saints whose name they bear.
@Hixee @Pokemaniac I wouldn't quite raise the flags yet but would keep an eye out on this one.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Balder (by a very roundabout way, as the coaster is named after a football team named after a park named after the Norse god)

That's actually wrong. The roller coaster Balder is named after Balder's pasture, a horse pasture that used to be on the site where the roller coaster is today. The famous soccer team and sports association Örgryte IS was formed on Balders pasture in 1887. That's also why one of Balder's trains is red and the other blue, the colours of Örgryte IS. Örgrytes support club is still today called "Balders Hage" after the pasture that was demolished more than 100 years ago. Balder's pasture is in turn named after the Old Norse god Balder who was the son of Odin and Frigg. Another huge Gothenburg football team, IFK Göteborg, also played a couple of seasons on Balder's pasture. In other words, it was a pretty historic pasture that the coaster now stands on.

So, Balder is named after a horse pasture that is named after a Norse god.